Website Collaborative Center for Justice
A persistent prophetic voice for justice
DEFINITION OF DIRECTOR POSITION:
The Collaborative Center for Justice is currently seeking a candidate for the position of Director.
Directs operation and activities of the Collaborative Center for Justice. Speaks for, and stands with, those who are poor and marginalized in our society in a spirit of justice and charity, working through the Collaborative Center for Justice.
Director is accountable to the Board of Trustees and evaluated by the Board of Trustees.
- Commitment to advocacy on behalf of poor people
- Knowledge of the social teachings of the Catholic Church
- Knowledge of legislative issues
- Ability/personality to involve people in the issues
- Ability to facilitate social analysis and theological reflection
- Collaborative style of leadership and operations management
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Open to direction from and collaboration with the Board of Trustees and Corporate Members of the Center
- Written communication and public speaking skills
- Computer literacy and social media skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
A. Related to the Center’s Mission and Vision
- To assist sponsoring Religious Congregations and Board of Trustees in implementing the Mission and Vision of the Center
- To work collaboratively in the administration and management of the Center
- To develop and implement a plan for educating members of our Congregations and others to speak on issues
- To assist in strengthening the voice of women religious as they stand with people in Connecticut who are poor and without a strong voice
- To foster and develop communication links with new and currently existing networks, especially in Connecticut, capitalizing on the strength and commitment of other advocates for the poor
- To establish goals, annually, for addressing issues
B. Related to the Administration of the Center
- To function within the scope of the Mission statement of the Center and the policies set by the Sponsoring Congregations and the Board of Trustees
- To represent the Center in the public forum and to other organizations
- To act as liaison to the committees of the Board of Trustees
- To hire, supervise, evaluate, and terminate staff in a manner which demonstrates non-discrimination, justice, and sensitivity to human needs
- To oversee the daily operation of the Center, to coordinate peer reviews of staff work, and the renewal of contracts
- To develop and monitor the annual budget of the Center
- To participate in seeking other sources of revenue to contribute to the support of the Center
- Significant amount of desk work mostly at the computer
- Car trips to many meetings
- Extended working hours to attend meetings and diverse gatherings
MISSON: Rooted in the Gospel and committed to Catholic social teaching, the Collaborative Center for Justice advocates for systemic change and educates individuals about social justice in order to make a difference in the lives of people who are poor and alienated.
If interested, please submit a letter of interest, resume and the names of two references to Nancy Boone, Chair of the Board of Trustees by May 1, 2019.
Nancy Boone email@example.com
Collaborative Center for Justice
40 Clifford Street
Hartford, CT. 06114-1717
Candidates will be interviewed in May.
Director Position start date is July.
The Collaborative Center for Justice is sponsored by six Religious Congregations of Women in Connecticut.
The Collaborative Center for Justice is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org