July 28-31, 2015
John Carroll University
University Heights, OH
ISN’s University Leaders Summit brings together students from Jesuit & other Catholic universities who are passionate about driving change for more socially just local and global communities. The program provides formation in the areas of leadership, social justice, and Ignatian spirituality.
The four-day program’s working format allows students to engage with Summit alums and college grads who have demonstrated significant leadership for social justice during their undergrad years, network and brainstorm with other campus leaders who are working for social justice, and develop a community action plan to translate ideas and skills into programs on their campus that tackle injustice on a local and global level.
Young Alumni Panel
Alumni from Jesuit universities who actively worked for social justice as undergraduate students and continue to work for social justice as alumni, share their insights with the group. Participants are provided ample time for questions and answers to glean organizing tips for college and beyond.
Ignatian Prayer Opportunities
Each day opens and closes with prayer and reflection opportunities inspired by the charism of St. Ignatius of Loyola. Students have reported the prayers provide opportunity for “connection.”
Social Analysis and Action Planning Training
Every learning session includes opportunities for students to apply practical analysis/planning skills and share their insights with the larger group. By the end of the program, students walk away with detailed action plans to address the issue they are most passionate about.
Before April 1, 2015
Member Institution – $350
Non-Member Institution – $375
Before May 1, 2015
Member Institution – $375
Non-Member Institution – $400
Before July 1, 2015
Member Institution – $400
Non-Member Institution – $425
Registration includes: transportation to/from the airport, 3-night’s shared housing in a John Carroll residence hall, meals (Tuesday dinner-Friday lunch), activities, and all materials
Note: If needed, you may opt to pay the registration fee (minus a non-refundable deposit) in your institution’s 2015-2016 budget year.
Attending the Summit
Due to the nature of the ISN University Leadership Summit, and the expectation of participants to translate their experiences into programs on-campus, ISN seeks students who will be on their college/university campus for at least one semester during the 2014-2015 academic year. The ideal Summit participants have a passion for social justice grounded in their faith, and enter into the summit already thinking about social justice issues or programs that they would like to address or get started on their campus and beyond. Schools may send up to 6 students.
Throughout the Summit, students will:
- Examine the witness of Ignatius and Jesuit leaders’ throughout history and their call to work for justice
- Explore the Social Change Model of leadership
- Build upon planning and leadership skills including (but not limited to): goal setting, fundraising, meeting facilitation, advanced social media
- Deepen their commitment to working for justice through experiences rooted in Ignatian spirituality and engaging with Summit alums and college grads who have demonstrated significant leadership for social justice during their undergrad years
- Network and brainstorm with other campus leaders who are passionate about working for social justice
- Develop a personal action plan to translate your ideas and skills into programs on campus that tackle injustice on the local and global level