In the wake of the family separation crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border, and in the face of proposed prolonged detention for increasing numbers of immigrant families, we invite your parish to:
- Join with us in calling attention to the plight of refugees and immigrants;
- Oppose the federal policy of detaining and deporting of undocumented immigrants and asylum seekers;
- Acknowledge that we are a Church of accompaniment, a Church that stands at the side of our immigrant sisters and brothers who are fleeing the dangers of their home country and who seek justice and safety in the land they have made their own.
- Locate a detention center or ICE facility in your area.
- Set a date for your pilgrimage and vigil and contact your municipality for permit information for the type of event you are planning (march, protest, etc.)
- Identify a starting point and pilgrimage route to the center or facility.
- Invite speaker(s) and/or plan a prayer service or Mass as part of your vigil.
- Advertise! Reach out to faith communities, civic groups, neighborhood organizations, area non-profits, etc.
Need more ideas? American Friends Service Committee offers a great resource on planning an ICE facility vigil.
Want to be included in this list? Please email Kim Miller at email@example.com or (216)397-2080.
St. Joseph’s Parish & St. Leo’s Parish
Saturday, 8/25, 9-12 PM
9:00 am – Gather at St. Joseph in Seattle – Carpool and Bus to St. Leo’s in Tacoma
10:00 am – Gather at St. Leo in Tacoma – Buses and Carpools Arrive from St. Joe’s – Short welcome, prayer and dedication before the pilgrimage begins – Pilgrimage begins (1.6 miles).
11:00 am – Gather at the Northwest Detention Center – Pilgrim’s Arrive – Mass Begins
For more information contact Dn. Steve Wodzanowski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-965-1646 or Joe Hastings at email@example.com or 253-2725136 x 110
St. Ignatius and St. Francis Xavier
New York City
Saturday, 9/16, 2-4 PM
For more information contact Teresa Cariño at St. Ignatius at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dan Corrou, S.J. at St. Francis Xavier at email@example.com.