Education for Justice is a premiere Catholic Social Teaching resource offering more than 2,500 resources designed to be used in classrooms, parish settings, and for personal formation. The video prayer will be used as a resource on our site, featured during Black History Month in February, and will be shared among our membership base worldwide. The contest winner receives a YETI mug and $30 to spend in Ignatian Solidarity Network’s online store.
- The prayer should focus on the six African Americans up for sainthood: Servant of God Sr. Thea Bowman, Venerable Fr. Augustus Tolton, Servant of God Julia Greeley, Servant of God Mother Mary Lange, Venerable Mother Henriette DeLille, Venerable Pierre Toussaint. Contestants can learn about these individuals by visiting African Americans on the Road to Sainthood (bit.ly/roadtosainthood) or similar sites.
- Contestants must be currently enrolled in high school or college.
- Videos must not be longer than 2 minutes and must be published as an unlisted YouTube video.
- Entries must include the contestant’s full name, email address, phone number, name of school, and both the video prayer link and written prayer.
- Deadline: Monday, December 19, 2022. Late entries will not be considered.
Submit your entry: igsol.net/vidcontest