Join a virtual conversation to reflect and respond to Pope Francis’s call to inspire a new economy. We are meeting in anticipation of the Economy of Francesco, a global gathering convened by Pope Francis in Assisi, Italy, March 26 – 28, 2020, and are animated by the Pope’s call to “enter into a ‘covenant’ to change today’s economy and to give a soul to the economy of tomorrow.”
On December 16 more than 150 people gathered for our first virtual reflection to foster learning and collaboration to transform our economy.
RSVP here for the virtual conversation/reflection on Wednesday, February 19th from 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME to reflect and share on: “new metrics for an alternative economy”, “building a new economic narrative, “growing the cooperative economy”, and “mobilizing committed investors.”
- Economy of Communion ~ Elizabeth Garlow
- Community Purchasing Alliance ~ Felipe Witchger
- Nathan Schneider
- Amy Uelman ~ Georgetown University Law School – part of Economy of Communion
- Solidarity Hall ~ Elias Crim
- Tony Annett – UN
- Focolare Movement, John Mundell, Economy of Communion Business Owner
- Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, Seamus Finn, OMI
- Franciscan Action Network, Doug O’Brien
- The University of Notre Dame, Minor in Sustainability, Rachel Novick
- Click here to access a recording of of the December 16th conversation/reflection.
- The letter sent by the Holy Father for the event “Economy of Francesco” and the link to the Economy of Francesco event website.
- Economy of Francesco Library – Check out a reading syllabus that several have contributed to, as well as a repository of reading material on the topic.
- Join our Economy of Francesco Slack Workspace! We are using this space to organize resources, activities, and collaborations coming out of the gatherings.