Job Description: Director of Marketing .
Reports To: President
Salary Range: $45,000-55,000
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for chapters in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other departments of the Organization.
The position reports to the President and serves as a member of the National team. Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the
President, Director of Development, Director of Outreach, Director of Next Level Ministry, and the Content Coordinator of Beyond the Pew.
1. Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
- a comprehensive marketing program that will enhance the image and position of Ablaze Ministries within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications
- Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image, and position and assure consistent branding throughout the organization
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests
- Act as the Organization’s representative with the media
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc
2. Planning and budgeting
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives.
- Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Director and Board.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
3. Organizational strategy
- Work with the National Team, other staff and volunteers to: develop and maintain a strategic perspective in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making; and, ensure the overall health and vitality of the Organization.
- Help make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the Organization.
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and public relations function, with provision for succession.
- Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the Organization.
- Effectively enable volunteers and staff so they can take action on behalf of Ablaze
- Lead team in monthly, quarterly, and yearly marketing goals.
Meet regularly with President of Ablaze Ministries to review progress on campaigns, etc
- Manage marketing efforts and content coordinators for BTP and NLM, and Ablaze Youth
- Lead Manage and hold Accountable the Digital Brand Manager
- Oversee the content creation of the Digital Brand Manager
- Partner with Development director in order to run development campaigns
- Oversee content for recruiting efforts – flyers, postcards, hand out, T-shirts, hats, other promo
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
6. Remote Work
- The position can be done virtually, from a home office or, if feasible, from any virtual location within the continental United States with reliable Internet.
- Community is a priority at Ablaze, to do this frequent interaction through GroupMe and Basecamp is a must.
- Regular meetings via Zoom
- Quarterly travel to national office in Bryan covered by Ablaze
- Must be a team player, able to work in a dynamic Catholic Environment, and work well with others
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in word processing, database management and page layout.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations or a related field. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Experience working with volunteers and Non-profit organizations is desirable.
Submit a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com