Website Canticle Farm
Norishing the mind, body, spirit, and Earth
CANTICLE FARM INC JOB DESCRIPTION
PART-TIME RETAIL MANAGER
Canticle Farm, is a Franciscan, 501(c)3, Certified Naturally Grown accredited vegetable-producing farm located in Allegany, NY seeking a hardworking, self-motivated individual to manage our farm retail market. The market is open to the public 1 weekday during spring and winter, 2 weekdays during summer and fall seasons. The position is part time, year-round.
The retail manager sets the tone and represents the farm both internally to vendors and externally to market shoppers, and embodies the Mission of Canticle Farm to all staff, volunteers, customers and community members both personally and professionally.
Responsibilities under the supervision of the President of the farm:
● Assist with preparation of produce and displays for market
● Set up, manage and maintain a clean market space
● Safely able to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
● Train staff on cash controls
● With Farm Manager, maintain available product lists
● Maintain and order supplies for the market
● As needed, assist with planting and harvesting
● Manage vendor relationships and assist with inventory, tracking and ordering of Paid In Purchases (PIP)
● As needed, assist at Olean Area Farms Market on Saturdays during summer and fall)
● Promote the market
● Train and update staff to maintain accuracy in payment methods such as SNAP, WIC, credit/debit, etc.
● Help recruit volunteers to assist on market days
● Maintain technology at the market and barn
● With Farm Manager and President, along with board committees, research additional potential income
streams other than retail, e.g., restaurants, wholesale, co-op, internet ordering, etc.
● Available during all market hours year round.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Education and or experience in use of Microsoft Office, Google Docs & Sheets, social media and marketing. Experience in retail management and customer focused service. Excellent communication and customer service skills, outgoing and approachable personality, desire to listen and understand customers, passionate about eating healthy, etc. Knowledge or ability to learn about the growing, preparation and storage of various produce. Business management experience preferred. Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
CONTACT: Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com.
Canticle Farm expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org