Director of Advancement and Fundraising
JOB TITLE: Director of Advancement
EMPLOYER: Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc, “CLINIC”
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
SALARY: $110,000 – $115,000
Reporting to and working on close collaboration with the Deputy Director and the Executive Director, the Director of Advancement will design and execute on a comprehensive development strategy for Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC). The Director of Advancement will oversee and execute all donations, grants and other on-going fundraising efforts. The Director of Advancement will manage CLINIC’s advancement team. This position is a member of CLINIC’s Senior Leadership team and, as such, participates in planning and decision-making affecting the entire organization and shares responsibility for achieving the agency’s mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design development strategy for CLINIC working with the Senior Leadership Team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets and approaches.
- Maintain development policies for CLINIC.
Conduct research, prospecting, and application to multiple donor sources, including major gifts and corporate prospects.
- Build a robust donor base by developing and maintaining key long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
Train and mentor advancement staff and Senior Leadership Team on cultivating resources.
Communicate fundraising goals and progress to all staff, Board of Directors, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee grant proposals and reports to foundations. Regularly works with Senior Leadership and program staff to match funding interests of current and potential funders and donors.
- Oversee resource development-related special events and campaigns.
- Provide staff necessary direction, supervision, and support to ensure clarity in roles, responsibilities, expectations, and professional development.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Master’s Degree, preferably in business or public administration, marketing, communications, or comparable field with significant coursework in fundraising.
- Ten (10) years of experience in resource development or fundraising for nonprofits, including five (5) years of experience managing relations with individual donors and foundations.
- Proven success in development for a similarly situated non-profit organization, including success in fundraising from multiple donor channels.
- Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising.
- Skilled in the use of fundraising and business software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to Senior Leadership and Board of Directors.
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers across different levels of the organization and externally.
- Knowledge and understanding of Catholic social teaching on immigration and the structure of the Catholic Church.
- Ability to travel for fundraising efforts.
Demonstrate knowledge of and support CLINIC’s mission, vision, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior.
Fulfill CLINIC’s expectations that all staff abide by the following Organization Behaviors:
- Serve with integrity
- Develop innovative solutions
- Promote learning – for themselves, for their colleagues, and for our network
- Cultivate constructive relationships
- Model stewardship
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Exhibit leadership skills and initiative
Sedentary work. Work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. This position requires periodic travel for trainings, site visits, special events and conferences.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Commitment
CLINIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibilities, religion, age, disability, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. CLINIC also provides “reasonable accommodations” to qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. All interested individuals, regardless of background, are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.