Are you up for a meaningful challenge? Do you aspire to use your creativity and organizational skills to shape the future of the Church? Come join our team of sharp, passionate, and committed professionals working together to advance Catholic Theological Union, a graduate school of theology and ministry in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago. No two days will ever be alike.
The Marketing and Communications Manager works within the Advancement Department in promoting Catholic Theological Union to its many constituencies, including prospective students, donors and the general public. Outreach includes a combination of advertising, publications, e-communications, media relations, and event promotion.
The individual must be comfortable working in a Catholic institution of higher learning and is expected to become immersed in and support the mission and vision of the school. Please email a cover letter and resume to Carmen Salas, HR Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications missing a cover letter will not be considered. Full job description is listed below.
Catholic Theological Union
Employee Position Description
Position: Marketing and Communications Manager
Supervisor: Director of Digital Presence
Hiring Administrator: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Compensation: $55,000 Annually
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Spending Account, Pre-Tax Parking/Transit program, Paid Time Off, paid Maternity Leave or Paternity Leave, Infant at Work Policy, and more.
The Marketing and Communications Manager works within the Advancement Department in promoting Catholic Theological Union to its many constituencies, including prospective students, donors and the general public. Outreach includes a combination of advertising, publications, e-communications, media relations, and event promotion. The Manager coordinates and facilitates the production of print and electronic materials used in the marketing of CTU including newsletters, academic program brochures, internal publications, fundraising appeals, and event-related materials. The Manager supports the members of the advancement department, faculty and program directors in the promotion of the various CTU lectures and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Research advertising opportunities and calendars for various publications, websites, radio, and directories.
· Update annual advertising schedule (digital and print) with deadlines, special issue dates, and costs.
· Book ad space, update ads as needed, format according to the publications’ specifications, and submit by deadline.
· Manage remarketing campaigns with responsive ad content.
· Report on efficacy of digital advertising statistics.
· Track budget and maintain ongoing reports of advertising.
B. Marketing Materials/Print Management
· Assist with the design and development of new marketing materials for the various programs and departments at CTU; update existing materials annually.
· Assist in the creation of promotional materials for events – invitations, programs, flyers, e-communications, etc.
· Project-manage direct mail appeals and invitations and printing of materials, as needed.
· Project-manage the semi-annual publication of Logos newsletter. Assist in the gathering of stories, photos and other information for newsletter.
C. Media Relations
· Develop and maintain comprehensive media lists.
· Track media appearances and press mentions.
· Distribute media alerts and press releases.
· Manage and implement distribution of e-newsletters and other e-communications for the various CTU departments, programs and centers.
· Assist Director in the content updating of CTU’s main website, www.ctu.edu, using WordPress content management system.
· Responsible for the posting of event web pages with online registration.
· Assist in development of interactive options for CTU website – podcasts, video, slideshows, etc.
· Assist with social media campaign planning and postings.
· Collaborate in the research and development of innovative ways to utilize the internet and e-communications to reach CTU’s target audiences.
· Assist with coordination of photography for the different events and programs.
· Catalogue and organize photographs for ongoing use and archives.
· Assist with the coordination of the art gallery openings.
· Oversee the filing systems for all materials produced in marketing department.
· Serve on advisory boards and committees as assigned.
· Perform all other appropriate duties as assigned.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
· Clear, effective, and thorough writing and proofreading skills
· Self-starter who is able to work effectively as part of a team
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to multi-task while prioritizing projects
· Mission-oriented and comfortable working in a Catholic higher education context
Skills and Knowledge Required:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Relevant background in marketing, communications, and graphic design
· Proven computer skills – Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
· Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Graphic and photo design programs (Adobe Creative Suite)
- WordPress (or similar CMS platforms)
- Social Network sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com