Website Cristo Rey De La Salle High School
Corporate Work Study Program
Position Available: Director, Corporate Work Study Program
Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School (in the heart of Oakland’s historic Fruitvale district) partners with San Francisco East Bay families of limited means to provide students a unique opportunity to receive a holistic education and become students in service of others. Through a rigorous curriculum built around personalized learning, professional work experience, and the centuries old Lasallian tradition of providing education to those most in need, Cristo Rey De La Salle students graduate prepared to thrive in college and compete in a rapidly developing world.
The Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP) is modeled after the successful programs across 35+ Cristo Rey Network schools around the nation. All students are required to complete a college preparatory curriculum and participate in the Corporate Work Study Program. Each student is employed five days per month by a local business, non-profit, or government agency to provide tuition assistance and complement the school’s on-site curricular program.
Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School, St. Elizabeth Campus, is a diverse, Lasallian Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. A rigorous and personalized college preparatory curriculum integrated with a corporate work study experience prepares students to succeed in college and in life.
The Director of the Corporate Work Study Program leads all aspects of client acquisition and will have primary responsibility for identifying new client prospects and cultivating relationships with existing clients for service retention and growth. The Director will manage the client onboarding process, develop and execute sales tactics that contribute to the securing of new clients or renewal of existing ones, develop business and civic relationships and network to achieve client sales goals. This individual will work closely with the Associate Director as well as collaborate with the senior leadership team on a wide variety of organizational decisions. The Director of Corporate Work Study Program reports directly to the President.
● Primary responsibility for new client acquisition and growth of existing ones;
● Identification of new client prospects through market research, leveraging existing client partnerships, relationships with business and civic community stakeholders, etc.;
● Serve as liaison to the Board of Directors for the Corporate Work Study Program, and in collaboration with the President and Committee Chair, lead the Jobs Committee;
● Responsible for relationship management, along with the President and Board members, of C-suite and other decision makers, both at current and prospective clients;
● Primary responsibility for the client renewal process;
● Ensure work study program services are being provided at market rate, and client billing and payment processes are carried out in a timely and accurate manner in coordination with the business office;
● Responsible for managing contracting process with new clients and existing client renewals, and compiling requisite contact information, student job descriptions and other relevant client data;
● Accountable for meeting annual CWSP employment benchmarks and revenue goals;
● Collaborates with school Development personnel to coordinate a communications and event strategy for the program that targets existing clients, prospective clients, and maintains a high level of brand awareness, including the development of marketing collateral;
● Responsible for contributing to a customer relationship management approach to sales and service activities that emphasizes responsiveness and accuracy;
● Preparation of annual renewal package, including updated service prices, student performance data and other relevant information;
● Conducts required semi-annual site visits to client sites in coordination with CWSP staff, as needed, contributing to agenda development to highlight the impact of the work study program;
● Collaborates with CWSP staff to manage primary databases including Salesforce, and the Cross-Sell Database provided by the Cristo Rey Network, ensuring accurate and current information always;
● Supports engagement with the Cristo Rey Network, including participation at CWSP-specific gatherings and the Annual Meeting and responding to routine and periodic requests for program specific data;
● Collaborates with the school leadership team in developing and enforcing policies and structures to ensure a high levels of student performance, programmatic quality control, and healthy client relationships;
● Responsible for the general morale of CWSP staff, providing a quality work environment through teaming principles, effective leadership and a demonstrated positive attitude;
Qualifications and Skills
● Proven commitment and ability to serve and connect on a person level with the diverse and dynamic students and families, faculty, staff and other stakeholders that comprise the Cristo Rey community;
● History of success in meeting sales and performance goals;
● Three to five years of experience in a management role;
● Persuasive communication style, with excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills;
● Exceptional organizational and management skills;
● Comfortable working independently and collaboratively to problem solve in a rigorous workplace environment;
● Working proficiency with Salesforce or other customer relationship management software;
● Demonstrated commitment to Catholic, faith-based education;
● A desire to learn and be part of the unique Cristo Rey mission, recognizing the educational value and financial importance of the work study program; workforce development experience preferred;
● Bachelor’s Degree required.
Competitive salary with full benefits.
Review of applications to begin October 1, 2020
Please email résumé, letter of intent demonstrating qualifications for the position as per full job description, three references with complete contact information, and a brief description of your professional philosophy to:
Steve Mullin | Director, Mission Advancement
Cristo Rey De La Salle East Bay High School
Telephone: 510.328.2905 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit cristoreydelasalle.org.