The full-time Digital Communications Coordinator, under the direction of the Director of Communications, contributes to the mission of the Ignatian Solidarity Network through the creation and management of digital content that strengthens ISN’s digital storytelling, empowers a network of advocates, contributes to ISN’s annual fundraising goals, and promotes ISN’s portfolio of programs. This work will be done through the creation, curation, distribution, and tracking of dynamic video, audio, visual, and text content for ISN’s various communications platforms including but not limited to its website, social media, and other video/audio communications and content.
The coordinator will also work in collaboration with ISN’s other full-time and part-time staff, as well as consultants, volunteers, interns, etc. as appropriate.
Ignatian Solidarity Network is a national social justice network inspired by the spirituality of St. Ignatius of Loyola. ISN was founded in 2004 and is a lay-led 501(c)3 nonprofit organization working in partnership with Jesuit universities, high schools, and parishes, along with many other Catholic institutions and social justice partners across the U.S. With over one-hundred member institutions in thirty-four states, ISN engages students, faculty, staff, parishioners, alumni, current and former Jesuit volunteers, etc. through in-person programs and online outreach.
Ideal candidates for this position will possess at least 2 years experience in digital communications, as well as a passion for the faith-based social justice mission of the Ignatian Solidarity Network.
The position will be based at ISN’s national office, located in University Heights, Ohio. Occasional weekday and weekend travel is required.
Coordinate and/or assist with digital communications which:
- Strengthens and enhances ISN’s digital storytelling;
- Empowers and equips a network of advocates;
- Contributes to ISN’s annual fundraising goals;
- Promotes, enhances, and tells the story of ISN’s portfolio of digital and in-person programs and campaigns.
Tasks will include:
- Conceptualize, storyboard, record, produce, and edit audio and video
- Broadcast and record live and virtual events and associated production and photography
- Photograph and record footage that successfully tells story of ISN’s impact
- Social media management:
- Create social media content
- Collaborate with communications director to coordinate production, curation, and scheduling of social media content
- Monitor media analytics, gather data, and assist with developing data-based media strategies
- Design, optimize, resize, and develop video and image-based content for ISN’s website, social media accounts, print and email publications, and other platforms
- Manage ISN’s photo and video library, and Canva design library
- Web content management:
- Collaborate with communications director to coordinate production of web content, including creating or curating graphics and video, publishing, basic SEO, basic design, etc.
- Assist in the creation of written content for ISN’s website, social media platforms, and print publications
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of experience;
- Expertise with Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere; knowledge of Adobe Media Encoder is a plus; experience with Adobe Audition or similar;
- Familiarity with WordPress (or similar), MailChimp (or similar), Streamyard (or other similar livestreaming/broadcast platforms), Google Suite, Canva, and all major social media platforms, and associated analytics;
- Skilled videographer and comfortable with photography;
- Appreciation for ISN mission grounded in Catholic Social Teaching and Ignatian spirituality;
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage both short and long term projects;
- Professional writing and editing skills, including flexibility to write in different styles for various audiences;
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and ability to produce high-quality work;
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals.
- Strong work ethic, self-confidence, and initiative-taking;
- Committed to collaboration with both fellow staff members and other constituencies;
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Interest in continuing to develop skills and learn from others;
- Flexibility and willingness to contribute when necessary on projects outside of own responsibility;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships;
- Sense of humor.
Approximately 10% of the year, ability to assist with ISN programs, attend conferences, and other networking events. Some weekend travel is required.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Competitive annual salary for a national nonprofit, religiously-affiliated organization based in Northeast Ohio. Salary and benefits will be facilitated by John Carroll University through an established business partnership.
Ignatian Solidarity Network is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. In order to build the strongest organization possible, ISN actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds (including but not limited to ethnicity, religion, gender, and sexual orientation) to apply.
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
Ignatian Solidarity Network is an independent 501(c)3 organization. However, ISN has a business relationship with John Carroll University related to human resource management. Thus, all applicants for this position will apply via the John Carroll University’s online employee applicant system—including the submission of a cover letter and resume/CV. Questions regarding the position can be directed to Christopher Kerr, ISN Executive Director at email@example.com, but application materials will ONLY be accepted through the John Carroll University applicant system.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org