Website Dominican Sisters Vision of Hope
Dominican Sisters Vision of Hope is seeking a full time Development Director to manage an upcoming major campaign and annual fund activities. Vision of Hope was founded in 1995 to provide tuition assistance and operational support to under-resourced elementary schools, once operated by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose. Vision of Hope currently funds eight elementary schools located in the Dioceses/Archdioceses of Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Oakland.
Vision of Hope is embarking on its 2nd major funding campaign and is seeking an experienced, responsible, and relationally skilled Development Director to manage the campaign and oversee annual fund activities.
Campaign Management Responsibilities (60%)
• Directs key staff, board members, and volunteers on campaign assignments, manages schedules, provides support, and accountability
• In collaboration with Executive Director, evaluates, and prioritizes prospects in order to assign priority levels and primary callers
• In collaboration with the Executive Director prepares written strategies for engaging high priority donors and mid-level donors
• Prepares all materials needed for major gift solicitation
• Staffs the Campaign Leadership Team (CLT)
o Leads and prepares agendas for CLT meetings
o Prepares monthly updates on the campaign
o Prepares reports on activities, potential gifts, engaged but not committed donors, and total amount committed toward goal
o Assists with arranging meetings as needed with prospects for the CLT
• Operates data systems for managing prospect engagement strategy and planning
• Prepares reports projecting strategies for various gift levels and timeframes for engagement
• Develops and implements a foundation and corporate giving strategy
Annual Fund Responsibilities (35%)
• Designs and prepares direct mail appeals for the annual fund
• Works with Vision of Hope’s Marketing and Communication Director on messaging for annual fund solicitation, website, and social media.
• Communicates with mid-range annual fund donors between $1000- $5000 to cultivate, steward, and/or solicit their annual gift.
• Presents regular progress reports to Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Organizational Responsibilities (10%)
• Attends Advisory and Board of Directors meetings in the Bay Area and Los Angeles
• Participates in Vision of Hope’s annual fundraising events in the Bay Area and in Los Angeles
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree (required)
• Five years of successful experience as a Development Director with an established non-profit organization (required)
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team setting
• Familiarity with Donor Perfect and a willingness to learn.
• Self-starter with the ability to identify and launch initiatives independently.
• Excellent, writing, analytical, presentation and research skills.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Ann Magovern, the Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeedjobs.com.