Website Duke Catholic Center
The Duke Catholic Center is a spiritual home for students at Duke University that creates a welcoming Catholic community; grounded in the Eucharist, intellectual growth in faith, social justice and the nurturing of leaders.
The Peer Ministry Coordinator (PMC) is hired by and accountable to the Director of the Duke Catholic Center, and works collaboratively with the other members of the DCC ministry team. The PMC reports directly to the Associate Director. If interested, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Be present for, help execute, participate in, and invite students to engage in: Sunday and Holy Day Masses; Holy Hour; Penance Services; Retreat Experiences; Sunday Brunch; various catechetical, social and other programs as assigned.
- Cultivate personal relationships with Catholic students by being visible on campus and connecting individually with students.
- Mentor undergraduate students seeking to go deeper in their faith and discipleship.
- Organize liturgies in conjunction with pastoral staff, student leaders, and liturgical volunteers.
- Work with campus ministers and students in facilitating small faith sharing groups on campus.
- Assist with selection, training, and supervision of Student Directors and lead their monthly meetings.
- Maintain student database and assist staff in tracking and reporting on data for many various ministries.
- Assist Business Manager with securing funding from Duke Student Organization Funding Committee (SOFC) along with the student President and Treasurer.
- Participate in DCC Staff, Duke Religious Life Staff, and Diocese of Raleigh Campus Ministry meetings.
- Represent the Duke Catholic Center to Duke University, the Diocese of Raleigh, and the general public.
- Oversee residential life at the Falcone-Arena House (Newman Center).
- Participate in at least one continuing education program each year
- Commit appropriate time to continue developing spiritually as a Minister of the Gospel
Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Practicing Roman Catholic
- Experience in College Campus Ministry (even as a student) is preferred
- The Peer Ministry Coordinator has flexible hours as a 40-hour per week position, even during weeks when students are not in session.
Given Sunday is a full work day, one day a week is taken off.
Diocesan Vacation policies apply.
- $27,000 stipend
- Housing (Including utilities)
- Benefits as provided by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Raleigh, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance and a 403(b) plan.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org