Website Global Catholic Climate Movement
About GCCM: Global Catholic Climate Movement is a global network of over 800 member organizations, dozens of chapters, and thousands of volunteers in 90 different countries. GCCM’s vision is of the Catholic community actively respecting life in all its forms so that all God’s creatures flourish on Earth. Our vision includes a stable climate, where God’s gift of creation is valued and shared equitably for the good of all, especially the poor and future generations.
By joining GCCM, interns will join a committed and passionate team dedicated to addressing the climate crisis. Interns are given the opportunity to play important roles in a fast growing organization and gain meaningful experience.
About the Position: The Outreach and Mobilization intern will be an important part of the Organizing Team, assisting in preparing campaign materials, volunteer communication and management, conducting policy and outreach research, and engaging in outreach work meant to inspire new volunteers, parishes, and Catholic organizations to take action on the climate crisis. The Outreach and Mobilization Intern will also have the opportunity to learn more about the Catholic Church and care for creation, practical efforts to address the impacts of climate change, advocacy on the climate crisis, and skills in project and campaigns management. This is an unpaid internship, but GCCM will work with universities or colleges as needed to guarantee college credit if desired.
- help create and maintain a calendar of major church events and pilgrimages
- create promotional materials (ie, flyers, bulletin announcements, template facebook posts) for climate strikes and other global campaigns
- develop and give presentations as needed (must be able to work occasional evenings or weekends)
- represent GCCM at local events (must be able to work occasional evenings or weekends)
- assist in creating and sending resources volunteers need for other events
- assist in managing volunteer Facebook and Google Groups
- assist in compiling case studies, best practices and resources to share with volunteers
- research potential organizational and individual contacts, including Dioceses or other Catholic organizations we should recruit as Member Organizations
- assist in creating list of organizations (Catholic, interfaith or secular) with a local focus and local resources that volunteers and GCCM chapters could connect with
develop educational resources for our chapters and volunteers
- create sample PowerPoint presentations for target audiences and campaigns as needed
- create campaign materials as needed
- Demonstrated interest in environmental or ecological issues, political science or community organizing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages are a plus.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated individual, demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Comfort working in a Catholic context.
- Comfort working across different cultures.
- Eagerness to learn new tasks
This is an unpaid internship of 10-20 hours per week. GCCM interns will work remote, but must have a reliable internet connection and will check in with organizing leadership at least twice weekly. Interns should be highly motivated with a commitment to environmental concerns, possess strong communication skills, and be willing and able to take initiative. Interns will also need to provide their own computer and internet access.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for summer, fall or winter internships. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Outreach and Mobilization Intern” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com