Website Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
Job Title: Director of Development
Location: Washington, D.C.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Direct Reports: 4
Estimated Travel: 15-20%
Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
The mission of Jesuit Refugee Service/USA (JRS/USA) is to accompany, serve, and advocate for refugees and forcibly displaced persons. JRS works in more than 52 countries worldwide to meet the educational, health, psycho-social and emergency needs of nearly 750,000 refugees and other forcibly displaced persons regardless of race, ethnic origin or religious beliefs. For more information about JRS/USA please visit our website: www.jrsusa.org.
The Director of Development reports to the Executive Director of JRS/USA and creates and oversees the implementation and messaging for a strategic approach to fundraising which includes – major gifts, annual giving, special events, planned giving, and grant solicitation. The Director of Development oversees all private fundraising activities, including supervising the Development staff team, managing fundraising timelines, and monitoring fundraising budgets for income and expenditure. In collaboration with the Development team members and other JRS colleagues, the Director of Development leads efforts to raise approximately 4 million USD annually to sustain JRS/USA’s operational and programmatic costs and to provide significant assistance to JRS international programming. The Director of Development supervises a team of 4 direct reports and the position is based in Washington, D.C. with an estimated 15-20% of travel domestically and internationally.
· Supervise Development team and all components of the Development program.
· Works with Development team to:
o Manage a dedicated portfolio of major donors and prospects.
o Prepare and submit funding applications and reports.
o Plan and execute fundraising campaigns and regular appeals.
o Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects.
· Serve as liaison to the Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
· Direct planning and execution of special fundraising events.
· Oversee the administration of a coordinated constituent relationship management system, Salesforce.
· Develop and manage fundraising budgets for income and expense.
· Collaborate closely with JRS International and serve as a partner to lead global development efforts for JRS.
· Oversees and undertakes stewardship for all donors, with the aim to deepen donor relationships with JRS
· Engage volunteers for special development projects.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher.
· 7 years of relevant experience preferred
· Experience in development work, including demonstrated ability to secure major gifts and manage development staff also preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Willingness to travel nationally and internationally.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and fundraising database systems (Salesforce experience a plus).
· Knowledge of the mission of the Society of Jesus and familiarity with Jesuit Refugee Service helpful.
· Prior experience with global humanitarian NPO’s also helpful
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JRS/USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, JRS/USA does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applicants from a diverse spectrum of qualified candidates.
To apply for this job please visit www.jrsusa.org.