Jesuit Refugee Service
The Development Assistant is an integral part of the Development Team. The Development Team raises funds from individuals, foundations and corporations to support the life-changing work of the organization. He or she will be responsible for providing administrative support, processing donations, preparing acknowledgement letters and facilitating other communications with JRS/USA’s internal and external constituencies. The Development Assistant reports to the Director of Development.
· Perform data entry, including donor updates and donation processing.
· Prepare and disseminate acknowledgement letters for supporters.
· Maintain accurate and up to date donor database of constituent records.
· Assist with direct mail appeals, stewardship mailings, and other donor communications.
· Research for donor reports and grant funding
· Support donor outreach and special events
· Manage physical filing system.
· Provide other administrative support as needed.
· Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and any experience with development software, Donor Perfect, eTapestry or Salesforce a plus.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple responsibilities.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
· Ability to take initiative, function independently and exercise good judgment.
Prior experience in a professional environment, especially in a development role, preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.