Website Jesuit Volunteer Corps
*To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org*
Job Title: Development Associate
Date Revised: March 2019
General Summary: The Development Associate is an integral part of the development and organizational operations of the Jesuit Volunteer Corps. The Development Associate will be
responsible for clerical, logistical, and support functions within the department. The position
requires a high level of professionalism and courtesy in working with stakeholders, a highly
detail-oriented approach to data collection and entry and strong organization and project
Accountability: Reports to Director of Development
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Process donations per established procedures, including:
o Accurate and timely entry of all gifts into database, and
o Immediate processing of donor acknowledgement letters and correspondence.
• Assist donors with all inquiries in a pleasant and professional manner.
• Format and run reports regularly and upon request in support of Development activities.
• Support the coordination of annual appeals and campaigns through social media and direct mail
in conjunction with other Development and Communications staff.
• Manage grants calendar and support grants submission and reporting process to ensure
timeliness and accuracy. May require coordination with other functional areas, such as Finance,
Communications and Program.
• Assist with fundraising events logistics including mailings, following up with potential
attendees, RSVPs and inquiries.
• Make needed updates to constituent contact information in database using available tools and
based on constituent contacts.
• Maintain the database, including system configuration, security configuration, and global
• Order printed materials such as stationery and supplies for the organization.
• Participate as team member in offering suggestions for improvement of department functions.
• Provide clerical support to all members of the department as needed
• Perform other duties as needed and assigned
• At least 2-3 years’ fundraising experience in a non-profit organization
• Experience and comfort working in an environment with multiple simultaneous projects with a
sense of urgency to meet critical deadlines
• of fundraising database applications required; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, or nonprofit management
Knowledge and Abilities
• Commitment to overall mission of the organization required; familiarity with JVC a plus
• Must be resourceful, enterprising, and creative
• Project management skills and strong initiative in working on multiple projects
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Interpersonal skills evidenced by professionalism and courtesy in relations with a variety of
• Personal integrity and discretion; must maintain confidentiality of information
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
• Typical work day of 9 am – 5 pm, Overnight travel may be required 4 – 8 times per year.
• Significant amounts of office work; must have the physical ability to sit and stand for long
periods of time and perform daily activities from a desk and must be able to operate a desktop
computer and other standard office equipment. Office occupies second and third floors of building
accessible only by stairs.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related
duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
As an organization committed to being an inclusive community, the Jesuit Volunteer Corps encourages
applications from candidates of all ages, races, classes, gender
identities, sexual orientations, religions, languages, and physical abilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com