The Kino Border Initiative is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization located in Nogales, Arizona. It focuses its work on humanitarian assistance, education, research and advocacy as it relates to the phenomenon of migration.
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for overseeing the overall financial management and internal controls, managing all human resource functions, and directing general business operations of the organization in a way that will allow all Kino Border Initiative legal entities in the USA and Mexico to effectively fulfill its mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Finance and Administration will manage the following functions:
Finance and Accounting:
- Direct and administer all financial policies, procedures and operations, including budgeting and reporting.
- Establish, maintain and implement the necessary internal controls that will help promote efficiency and effectiveness in all financial operations.
- Provide support and financial analysis for strategic planning and long-term initiatives.
- Prepare for and manage annual audit process.
- Track all fixed assets and manage all restricted and in-kind donations and grants.
- Oversee administrative functions of KBI offices in both sides of the border, facilities maintenance, and IT functions to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Oversee risk management, regulatory compliance, and legal activities such as letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents.
- Implement emergency response planning in all facilities.
- Support fundraising activities.
Human Resources :
- Oversee all human resource functions including payroll, recruitment, hiring, compensation, and benefits.
- Plan and implement professional training and development plans and retention strategies.
- Manage the compliance plan of KBI Safe Environment Program in accordance with the directives of the Diocese of Tucson.
- Develop and implement updates to human resource policies and strategy as needed; enforce organization policies; update employee handbook as necessary.
- Supervise the administrative staff to ensure their professional growth and active engagement in developing KBI’s programs.
- Work closely with KBI leadership team to decide strategy and address challenges.
Knowledge, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a binational team environment with good interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated success developing and monitoring systems to manage both operational and programmatic work that involve high levels of collaboration.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of the KBI.
- Must possess a valid passport that enables the individual to move easily across the U.S./Mexico border
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Able to read, write and speak fluently in English and Spanish
Education and/or experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in administration or similar area. (Master’s degree or CPA preferred)
- 5+ years senior management in a socially responsible organization with progressive experience leading to at least three years of experience in operational/administrative management.
- Fundraising experience a plus.
The expected salary range is $60,000 – $72,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Benefits include: employer-paid health insurance, employer matching contributions to a 403(b) retirement plan, 2 weeks paid vacation, 13 days of annual sick leave (which can also be used toward family leave), many Federal and Catholic holidays, and six weeks paid new child leave
KBI values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture — All individuals can apply for this position. People of color, women, individuals with disabilities, immigrants, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please send cover letter, resume and contact information with three professional references to
Joanna Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a priority deadline of May 10, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com