The National Council of the United States, Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Support national committees devoted to reducing poverty through systemic change programs conducted by local Society councils and conferences. Provide information, trend and resources to Society councils and conferences on poverty issues. Direct or oversee poverty-related national programs including those passed through to local levels of the Society. Represent the Society to national leaders and organizations involved with poverty and related issues.
– Represent the Society among national Catholic groups including the USCCB, and/or other national nonprofit groups regarding public issues and processes.
– Collect and distribute poverty data and trends from varied sources to Society leaders that may assist the US Society in its work with people in need.
– Apply for grants with the development team to create and/or extend national poverty-directed programs and services.
– Support the national Systemic Change committee with license registrations, training and other resources and relationships.
– District of Columbia area location strongly preferred.
Key Competencies of the Position:
– Leadership, especially Servant Leadership.
– Understanding of poverty, economics and societal change concepts.
– Planning and Organization.
– Grants writing and administration.
– Interpersonal Skills.
– Attention to detail.
– Ability to collaborate with others in successfully implementing projects and campaigns.
– Ability to manage multiple tasks.
– Understanding of the Society: its mission, vision and values.
– Competent in developing measurable objectives.
– Willingness to function as part of a team.
– Ability to deal responsively with internal and external customers.
– Limited travel.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
– A Bachelor’s Degree with at least five years of experience in Economics, Social Work, Social Sciences or Equivalent. Master’s degree a plus.
– Computer literacy.
– Knowledge of not-for-profit organization operations and Catholic Church teachings.
– Experience in community development, community organizing, social services, economic development and/or other poverty-related organizations.
– Knowledge of fundraising/grants software and Microsoft products.
– This position works directly with national Vincentian leaders to design and operate programs to reduce poverty.
– Represents the Society to public policy professionals, nonprofit leaders, religious leaders, funders, partners and others on behalf of the National Council.
– One who understands the teachings and principles of the Catholic Church.
– Oversees other National Council staff as directed.
– Supports the Rule and By-Laws of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
– Adheres to policies and procedures of the Society and all pertinent legal regulations.
– Prepares and accomplishes annual performance and program objectives.
– Participates in annual self-evaluation and performance review.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com