Website National Immigration Forum
Advocates for the value of immigrants and immigration to the US
The National Immigration Forum (the Forum) advocates for the value of immigrants and immigration to the nation.
Founded in 1982, the Forum plays a leading role in the national debate about immigration, knitting together innovative alliances across diverse faith, law enforcement, veterans and
business constituencies in communities across the country.
Coming together under the Forum’s leadership, these alliances develop and execute legislative and administrative policy positions and advocacy strategies.
Leveraging our policy, advocacy and communications expertise, the Forum works for comprehensive immigration and sound border security policies, balanced enforcement of
immigration laws and ensuring that new Americans have the opportunities, skills, and status to reach their full potential.
Visit our website at www.ImmigrationForum.org for more information about the Forum.
Reports to: Executive Director and Chief of Staff
This position is ideal for an organized, incredibly competent go getter that always figures out a way to get the job done and is interested in working for an advocacy organization.
- Provide support to the Executive Director by managing all aspects of travel, external and
internal meetings and other activities as requested
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar including accurate scheduling and rearranging appointments as needed to accommodate changing schedules and meeting
opportunities. Interact with executives, assistants and consultants to coordinate a variety
of appointments and meetings. On an as needed basis, provide similar support for other
- Manage and maintain accurate board member information, including board records,
minutes, timelines and potential board member research.
- Coordinate all aspects of quarterly board meetings
- Make travel arrangements for multi-leg trips spanning multiple time zones. Collect and organize materials for travel and meetings, including air, hotel, and rental car
reservations and boarding passes. On an as needed basis, provide similar support for other senior staff
- Responsible for advance planning of all travel for Executive Director. Engage senior staff
to ensure necessary meetings are arranged with Board members, donors, press, allies
- Coordinate with senior staff to effectively manage Executive Director’s schedules with call lists to Board members, donors, press, allies and others. Be sure Executive Director complete tasks and report back to senior staff with results
- Prepare travel expense reports, credit card expense reconciliations and expense
reimbursement requests for the Executive Director
- Support weekly staff meetings, senior staff meetings, executive team meetings and other
meetings with notices, agendas, notes and ensuring follow-up on actions discussed
- Coordinate and communicate with development, program and administrative staff to ensure appropriate connections across the organization as the Executive Director’s activities relate to other areas of the organization
- Draft presentations and responses to inquiries as needed; convert information into PowerPoint or other presentation formats
- Arrange catering for staff events
- Manage the reception desk
- Perform other duties and projects as required by the Executive Director
Education Requirements: Undergraduate degree or equivalent required
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Must pay careful attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter
- Must exercise good judgment
- Must like operating in an intense, fast-paced operation
- Must possess strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and complete work independently
- Ability and flexibility to take on a wide range of tasks
- Requires great people skills and the ability to function in a position that provides support to and takes direction from two executives in fast paced environment
- Good knowledge of office support functions including database management
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience making complex travel arrangements
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following qualifications:
- One to three years of progressive experience related to office coordination and support
- Experience with executive-level support
- Knowledge of Salesforce software
- Non-profit experience
The National Immigration Forum offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, including health and dental insurance and a retirement plan. The Forum is an equal opportunity employer and women, people of color and ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates are encouraged to apply on or before May 31, 2019; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
Applications submitted without the required information will not be considered.
To apply for this job please visit immigrationforum.org.