The National Immigration Forum (the Forum) advocates for the value of immigrants and immigration to the nation.
Founded in 1982, the Forum plays a leading role in the national debate about immigration, knitting together innovative alliances across diverse faith, law enforcement, veterans and business constituencies in communities across the country. Coming together under the Forum’s leadership, these alliances develop and execute legislative and administrative policy positions and advocacy strategies.
Leveraging our policy, advocacy and communications expertise, the Forum works for comprehensive immigration sound border security policies, balanced enforcement of immigration laws and ensuring that new Americans have the opportunities, skills, and status to reach their full potential.
Visit our website at http://www.immigrationforum.org for detailed information about the Forum.
Reports to: Chief of Staff
This position will work with the Chief of Staff and across all teams to coordinate logistics on Forum’s special project and major events. This position also will work with the development team on a variety of projects. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and writing skills and be extremely detail oriented.
- Maintain donor files and records in the Forum database, Salesforce
- Manage direct mail and online fundraising campaigns including managing mailing lists, managing the process with mail house and print shops, sending out pledge reminders and acknowledgements
- Assist with annual fund appeals and email communications with donors, including concept, drafting, managing review process and production
- Create and manage event registration pages
- Provide all reports (i.e. pipeline, tracking responses for events), including monthly reports requested by Chief of Staff and/or Development Director.
- Plan and implement Forum’s large fundraising events
- Be internal and external point of contact for major Forum events including speaker and participant outreach, invitations and staff updates
- Research, make site visits, and assist with location decisions
- Work with administrative assistant on negotiations for space contracts, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage, awards and organize entertainment
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags and registration lists
- Assist with day of coordination logistics such as set-up and clean-up
- Conduct pre- and post -event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Attend and record weekly development check-in discussion.
- Perform other duties as needed
Education: Undergraduate degree or equivalent required.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- One to three years of progressive experience related to events coordination or development
- Strong project management skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and complete work independently
- Must be a self-starter with flexibility, good judgment, attention to detail, and the ability and flexibility to take on a wide range of tasks
- Requires great people skills and the ability to function in a position that provides support in fast paced environment
- Good knowledge of office support functions including database management
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of Salesforce software and Word Press strongly preferred
- Non-profit experience
- Experience in the areas of executive level support and development.
The National Immigration Forum offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health and dental insurance. The Forum is an equal opportunity employer and women, people of color and ethnic minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates are encouraged to apply on or before May 24, 2019; however, the position will remain open until filled.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, writing sample and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Special Projects Assistant” in the subject line. Applications submitted without the required information will not be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com