The Partnership Schools is a pioneering network of seven independent, inner-city Pre-K-8th grade Catholic schools in the South Bronx and Harlem which builds off the proven legacy of Catholic education in character and values formation and draws upon lessons learned from high-performing charter, public and Catholic schools across the country.
The Partnership’s dreams for its students don’t end with 8th grade graduation. The Partnership wants to help its students sustain and leverage the gains they make in Pre-K through 8th grade to be sure they are prepared for high school, college, and careers and able to be productive, caring members of their communities.
In addition to benefitting the over 2000 students that the Partnership serves, our work is gaining significant attention in the national education reform community and has the potential to impact Catholic inner-city education far more broadly. Well poised to make a meaningful difference in the lives of thousands of children and families, the Partnership is best characterized by its entrepreneurial spirit and results-driven culture.
Director of School Operations
The Director of School Operations oversees the ongoing operations at the school and ensures the implementation and maintenance of clear systems that improve effectiveness and efficiency and allow the Principal, Dean and teachers to focus on student achievement in the classroom.
This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about the goals and mission of the Partnership to build a network of high-performing Catholic schools for low-income students. This person must be ready to seek out opportunities for leadership and greater responsibility and must be proactive, competent, an excellent problem-solver, and ready to “do what it takes” to build an excellent school.
• Serves as a “thought-partner” and a valued member of the school leadership team. S/he serves as a respected, active, and contributing member, ensuring the overall effective operation of the school and supporting the school’s pursuit of academic excellence for all students.
• Ensures accurate collection and maintenance of student data and school metrics. S/he analyzes data to identify need for further operational systems development and management.
• Sets clear, school-wide systems and routines and ensures that they are followed.
BUILDING LEADERSHIP and MANAGEMENT
• Manages a team of part and full time operational employees and oversees all school operations and administration.
• Ensures that all safety and security protocols are in place and being followed, including all mandated drills, safety inspections, and health regulations.
• Creates a safe environment that is conducive to student learning and parent, staff, and faculty interactions.
• Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
a. Finance management (budgeting, bookkeeping, checks payable, accounting, purchasing, payroll and vendor management)
b. Overseeing the maintenance of school facilities including cleaning, trash removal, recycling, in conjunction with parish where applicable
c. Managing and exceeding all operational and administrative compliance mandates and protocols relating to PNYC, Archdiocesan, City, and State regulations & systems.
d. Coordinating school-based capital repairs and renovations
e. Managing technology and information systems
i. School-based IT systems, infrastructure, hardware and software
f. Managing school’s enrichment programs, after-school programs and partner relationships
SCHOOL HUMAN RESOURCES & OPERATIONAL STAFF DEVELOPMENT
• Serves as a school-wide content expert for personnel, benefit, health care and payroll questions addressing issues with expediency.
• Clearly articulates a vision of operational excellence and expectations for each role on the Operations Team with a culture of ownership around those expectations.
• Develops staff to build effective relationships with peers and partners who can support their success and development. S/he pushes staff to take on more challenging projects and is effective at identifying and retaining high performers.
ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT & IMPLEMENTATION
• Leads Operations Team to ensure enrollment systems for tracking inquiries, student applications, attrition data, and waitlists are clear, consistently updated, and proactively managed.
• Leads the Operations Team towards re-enrollment goals and works as a unit to speak with families and accurately track all re-registration information to ensure enrollment data is up to date at all times.
CONSISTENT, SYSTEMIC COMMUNICATIONS
• ensures all parent communications are centralized, coordinated, and clear.
• Sets main office tone that is warm, friendly, and has a culture of customer service.
• Works with families respectfully around tuition collection and delinquencies
Skills and Characteristics
• Post-graduate degree preferred; bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum 5 years work experience
• Experience and familiarity with Excel and Google platforms
• Careful attention to detail coupled with the ability to think and act strategically
• Strong organizational skills and follow-through
• Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving
• Exceptional communication (written and oral) and negotiation skills
• Experience managing teams to develop and implement systems and processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency
• Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and/or under the direction of senior management, as needed
• Flexible and able to multi-task coupled with the ability to set priorities and follow through with results
• Experience and enthusiasm for working with a small team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Commitment to the Partnership’s mission to help low income students break the cycle of poverty
• Conversational Spanish strongly preferred
• A “whatever it takes” attitude; can make things happen even in the most inconvenient or unpredictable situations.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Additionally, the Partnership offers a comprehensive benefits package.
For more information about the Partnership, please visit our website.
To apply for this job please visit www.partnershipnyc.org.