Website Providence College
Develop and implement a plan to more readily put Campus Ministry and Providence College in service to the global Church. Encourage profound experiences and a deepening of relationships with the Lord through programmatic and systematic approaches that invite students in particular, but also faculty, staff, and the greater community into the mission of the College in ongoing ways. Cultivate connections with a cross-section of communities both on and off campus, attentive to maintaining just relationships of reciprocity. Oversee the implementation of co-curricular programs meant to transform student experience of faith, elevate and deepen conversations of faith and justice, and shape active disciples.
1. Develop a comprehensive vision for deepening students’ experience of faith and justice through varied program offerings. Engage tradition and contemporary research to shape vision. Craft assessment tools to determine and support programmatic development.
2. Provide oversight, direction, and support for the Service Immersion and Social Justice team, as well as support the overall mission of Campus Ministry.
3. Engage cross-campus, local, and distance contracts, and maintain current short-term immersion programs (FaithWorks and New Orleans, LA).
4. Serve as the Director and oversee the development of the Fr. Smith Fellowship Program.
5. Nurture on-campus and off-campus relationships with partners essential to programmatic success, witnessing to the Gospel in all partnerships.
6. Provide pastoral care and oversee student leaders on the Campus Ministry leadership team.
7. Maintain and ensure appropriate stewardship of annual budget.
8. Develop structures to encourage just and sustainable use of resources within Campus Ministry and on campus. Support the Lightening Other’s Loads program. Provide suggestions for responsible purchasing and sourcing of materials.
9. Provide opportunities for reflection and continued engagement with social justice issues, especially pertinent to the Providence College community.
10. Encourage faith information through appropriate and meaningful programmatic activities.
1. Perform all other duties as may be required
Education and Experience Required
• Graduate Degree in Theology, pastoral ministry, or a related field from an accredited institution.
• Three to five years’ experience in coordination of faith based service, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in outreach and evangelization
• Must be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing who is comfortable with, and knowledge about, the faith.
• Must possess good teamwork and communication skills.
• Familiarity with the needs and interests of college students and a willingness to accommodate student schedules.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, and other computer skills.
To apply for this job please visit careers.providence.edu.