Website Sacred Heart Nativity Schools
SACRED HEART NATIVITY SCHOOLS ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS (ELA) TEACHER
Sacred Heart Nativity Schools is comprised of two middle schools, Sacred Heart Nativity School for Boys and Our Lady of Grace Nativity School for Girls. We provide a rigorous, enriched, private middle school education as well as individualized support within the framework of the Jesuit mission and tradition serving students from low income families in downtown San Jose. Our mission and entire program is for the purpose of breaking the cycle of poverty through education. Our website is www.shnativity.org. Nativity is an equal opportunity employer.
Nativity seeks a driven and passionate ELA teacher to join our mission for the 2021-22 school year. This person must not only be a classroom leader but also serve as a role model for our students as we shape them in the Jesuit tradition of becoming ‘men and women for others’.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Plan and implement ELA curriculum following the California Common Core as a guideline.
● Assess students for growth based on student needs while providing a diverse learning environment. Employ best practices with multiple modalities for all learners and manage accommodations for students when needed.
● Collaborate with faculty, administration and counseling staff to assess and address student needs.
● Establish and maintain standards of behavior needed to achieve a productive learning environment in the classroom.
● Participate in curricular and extra-curricular school programs, assessment and development activities, student supervision, and meetings.
● Communicate regularly with parents regarding standards, objectives, and student progress within the instructional program.
● Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
● 3-5 years of classroom teaching experience
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to diverse audiences,
specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities.
● Master’s degree or teaching credential preferred.
● Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
● Bilingual (Spanish-English)
● Be a practicing Catholic with extensive experience of the Jesuit educational tradition preferred
TB testing; Fingerprinting – Must not have felony convictions or other serious violations Clean DMV driving record
Eligible for benefits. School academic calendar includes Saturday school and extended work day. Work hours may vary (including evenings and weekends)
Based on Nativity Faculty Scale 2021-2022
Interested applicants must submit a personal résumé/CV, a letter of intent, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants, with all the required documents, will be contacted regarding the next steps.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com