Website Saint Xavier University
The Grants and Communications Specialist is a key member of a cross-functional University Advancement team, contributing to the strength Saint Xavier University’s brand, visibility, and financial success and providing strategic leadership for the development, creation and execution of a comprehensive communications plan to assist in increasing the University’s assets. The Grants and Communications specialist advances University priorities and secures funding from corporations, foundations, and federal and state agencies. The Grants and Communications Specialist will collaborate with departments across the University; participate in the preparation of compelling grant submissions; and manage the tracking system(s) related to current and prospective corporate, government and foundation donors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develops and implements cost-effective outreach strategies to educate and communicate with a range of constituencies through printed, digital and social media.
• Develops and coordinates communications including the creation and implementation of a comprehensive communication schedule for University Advancement.
• Incorporates multiple touch points to effectively engage a broad range of constituents in our mission. • Assists with the planning of segmentations and target audiences for University Advancement, including ongoing analysis of the performance of targeted communications.
• Researches and develops internal and external communications including presentations, speaking points, correspondence and other written materials.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with staff members across the University, in order to ensure an ongoing and thorough understanding of University goals, and strategic direction.
• Develop proposals, reports, LOIs, case statements, program overviews, and other messaging, as needed, for use in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
• Develop proposal budgets.
• Develop accurate, timely, and compelling grant submissions, ensuring professional standards and compliance with all requirements.
• Accurately maintain the Office of Corporate, Government and Foundation Relations grant calendar, including dates of submission/renewal, reports, deliverables and accountabilities in Raisers Edge.
• Identify and research potential funding and partnership opportunities to advance University priorities and meet identified funding needs.
• Assist with other University Advancement initiatives, including special events which may take place in the evenings and on weekends, to advance the organization’s philanthropic objectives.
• Ensure the accuracy, substance, and timeliness of all work products.
• Master optimal utilization of Raiser’s Edge resources to perform job functions efficiently.
• Work with University Advancement staff to update and maintain the integrity of the University Advancement webpages.
• Continuously improve skills and knowledge, including participation in appropriate professional organizations and professional development opportunities.
• Maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned. Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Three or more years of experience in a writing-intensive position, preferably in a non-profit setting; experience working with foundation and government grants preferred.
• Proven writing and editing skills, including the ability to write for a wide variety of audiences and the ability to write with speed, clarity, and accuracy.
• Strong organizational and project management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, manage, and move multiple projects forward in a self-directed, goal and deadline-oriented work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships, take initiative, and manage multiple relationships and deadlines efficiently and effectively.
• Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
• High level of computer proficiency and experience with on-line research tools, and the ability to master a wide variety of electronic grant application and grant management systems. Experience with Raiser’s Edge database management preferred. • Excellent skills with Microsoft Office programs, MS Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written. Additional Expectations We inspire success by working together to provide meaningful, personalized service in a spirit of excellence. SXU seeks candidates that deliver value-added services in a responsive, collaborative, effective, and respectful manner. The University is committed to diversity and encourages applications from individuals with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. Saint Xavier University affirms its position as a Catholic institution, inspired by the heritage of the Sisters of Mercy, and asserts its rights to employ persons who subscribe to the mission, vision and core values of the University. Saint Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions and all other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other factors protected by law. Hiring decisions will be based on the bona fide occupational qualifications of each applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.schooljobs.com.