Website Seton Teaching Fellows
Radically Evangelizing Through Urban Education
– SETON TEACHING FELLOWS –
Seton Teaching Fellows (STF) is a paid year of professional missionary service that is radically evangelizing through urban education.
“The world offers you comfort. But you were not made for comfort. You were made for greatness” – Benedict XVI
Locations: Bronx, NYC; Cincinnati, OH; The Rio Grande Valley, TX.
Salary and Benefits: No fundraising for our mission is required. Seton Teaching Fellows receive a monthly stipend of $1,200. Our program provides housing, utilities, and relocation that set up a very low cost of living. Fellows have access to loan forbearance, educational grants, and healthcare. Our network also provides opportunities for funded masters degrees.
You might be a great fit for Seton Teaching Fellows if . . .
- You desire to share the Catholic faith and the Gospel message in our nation’s underserved urban neighborhoods
- You’re a faith-filled leader who believes that wonder, authentic catechism, and a charitable liberal arts education have the power to change lives.
- You’re a gritty individual who feels called to pick up your cross and serve
- You’re looking for a bold and exciting adventure
Sound like you? Seton Teaching Fellows is hiring!
– WHAT WE OFFER –
STF is a fully funded year of service that is making missionary catechesis and classroom education accessible for all. We provide:
- A biweekly stipend—there’s no fundraising for our mission!
Free, safe and quality housing with other Seton Teaching Fellows—we live in intentional and joyful communities of faith
- Participation in vibrant faith formation and a sacramental lifestyle
- Amazing professional development that equips and supports you to be a leader in education, ministry, non-profit work, and beyond
- Impressive opportunities for funded masters degrees, certification, and licensure in a variety of fields—we want our employees to flourish!
- Opportunities for loan forbearance, health care, and educational grants
- Generous time-off and a calendar year with space for breaks, retreats, and rest.
– WHAT WE DO –
- Seton Teaching Fellows will serve in our network schools across New York, Texas, and Ohio during the 2024-2025 school year (the Fellowship will run from mid-July to June of the following year)
- Fellows joyfully live in the neighborhood where our schools are located, and serve at our schools, during school hours, Monday-Friday.
- Fellows teach authentic and meaningful catechesis classes to students at all of our schools.
- Fellows provide academic and administrative support to our offices and classrooms, which includes academic teaching, small group instruction, and operations work.
- Fellows participate in and bring intentional community, sacramental faith life, and life-giving formation to the neighborhoods where we serve.
– WHO WE WORK WITH –
- All majors and levels of education — you don’t have to posses a background or degree in education, and we have opportunities for students taking a gap year or a break from college. We also hire graduates who have already served in the professional work force or another mission.
- Students and graduates from around the nation — we pay for relocation, travel, housing, and training. Don’t stress about moving to a new city or finding a community to tap into—we’ll take care of it for you.
- Students who are eligible for work in the U.S. or OPT — If you are an international student, we might be able to accommodate your work situation!
- Students and grads from various work experiences — While we work with children and young adults in underserved neighborhoods, you don’t have to have professional experience working with children, schools, or a specific age group—you only need the call to serve!
– ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND DUTIES –
We’re a competitive and professional program that’s placing our best and brightest at the forefront of the New Evangelization, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Basic proficiency in email and communication technology suites, professional verbal and written communication skills, a neat and professional demeanor, confidence in working with students and families at our schools.
- A desire to share the fullness of the Catholic faith, and working catechetical knowledge.
- The ability to socially and professionally connect with students, staff, and families from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
- Candidates should be able to reframe difficult situations, see the good in others, and possess a growth mindset.
- Willingness to live and participate in a communal men’s or women’s household, receive faith formation, and pray with others.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work in schools and classrooms with Pre-K through 8th grade students, as well as to receive professional development and training pertaining to their professional role.
Apply today by visiting our external application: our app is short, easy, and simply offers a way for candidates to discern a year of service with us. Apply in less than 30 minutes and get in touch with our team to learn more!
To apply for this job please visit setoneducationpartners.applytojob.com.