Website Sisters of Bon Secours
Compassion, Healing, Liberation
The Volunteer Recruiter will support Bon Secours Volunteer Ministry (BSVM), located in Marriottsville, Baltimore and Richmond, in its mission to provide lay persons with the opportunity to fully engage in the charism of the Sisters of Bon Secours and, in so doing, to bring about transformation through service with others. In support of this mission, the Recruiter will promote BSVM by assisting with college-based recruitment activities. The Recruiter will initiate, build, and maintain relationships with students and staff at a variety of Universities across the United States by sharing the gifts of service that he or she received and participated in as a full-time volunteer.
This position requires as much as 75% of travel time. As such, it requires the willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Create a recruitment strategy to reach, at least, 40 campuses with the goal of receiving a minimum of 30-40 complete applications.
Build relationships with student contacts made on campuses and during all recruitment events.
Support with marketing to promote and publicize BSVM.
Assist with annual application, selection, commitment, and on-boarding process for the community of 10-12 full-time volunteers.
Support staff in area of safety and security by sharing “on-call” duty after hours with other BSVM staff members.
Support Program Coordinator and Director of BSVM with developing alumni relations and formation programming.
Represent, at all times, the mission and life of BSVM in a professional manner.
With colleagues, promotes the Mission Focus of the Sisters of Bon Secours:”…to defend and care for all of creation; to cry out with others against injustice and all that diminishes life on Earth.”
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
· Successful completion of, at least, one year of service with a Catholic Volunteer Network member program or similar;
· Demonstrated maturity and professionalism with the ability to work independently;
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
· Proven experience working with intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite
· Willingness to research and self-teach new design and video software and online platforms;
· Excellent organizational skills;
· Public speaking experience;
· Experience networking and interest in further developing these skills;
· Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel frequently;
Experience as a Bon Secours Ministry Volunteer;
BS in Communications, Writing, English or related field.
Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
Prescription drug coverage
Flexible spending accounts
Life insurance w/AD&D
An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
Paid time off
And much more
To apply for this job please visit wd5.myworkdaysite.com.