Website St. Ignatius College Prep
Director of Campus Ministry
St. Ignatius College Preparatory is hiring a Director of Campus Ministry.
St. Ignatius is a Catholic, Jesuit, coeducational school in San Francisco.
The Director of Campus Ministry is responsible for the spiritual formation of our students, consistent with the mission, ideals, and philosophical and theological vision of the school.
St. Ignatius is committed to cura personalis, care of the whole person. We encourage our students to become leaders who live their lives “for and with others.” As such, the Campus Ministry department is committed to student-centered and student-led formational programming that is culturally proficient. Campus Ministers accompany student leaders in ministering to our community. We strive for the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and emotional growth of all of our students. Through Campus Ministry programs, students form meaningful and lasting relationships with adults and peers, develop pride in being members of the St. Ignatius community, and cultivate their own gifts and talents in the service of others. An Ignatian approach to ministry stretches student with new experiences, while respecting each family’s role as the primary religious educators of their children.
The Director supervises and leads all Campus Ministry staff and programs, including the creation and responsible stewardship of $500,000 in annual budgets. The Director delegates appropriate responsibilities to adult campus ministers for the engaged implementation of:
· student retreats (St. Anthony’s Plunge, Sophomore retreat, Kairos, and electives); including the training of student (InSIgnis) and adult team leaders for over 30 student retreats annually;
· school-wide liturgies (including the Mass of the Holy Spirit, Baccalaureate mass, alumni, advancement, and parent liturgies) and quarterly prayer services;
· opportunities for prayer and worship (including Friday Morning Liturgy, grade level reconciliation services, SI Unplugged, and music ministry) that require collaboration and coordination with clerical and lay partners.
The Director works closely with faculty, staff, and administration to ensure that the ministerial needs of the community are met. This position requires flexible hours that include nights and weekends. All members of the campus ministry team are expected to lead at least one of our annual two-week Immersion trips, as well as multiple overnight retreats in the course of the year.
A successful candidate for this position will:
· have a Master’s degree or equivalent in Catholic Theology, Ministry or related field; as well as lived experience of the Catholic faith tradition;
have significant supervisory experience (preferred) in a Christian ministry context, including the ability to work collaboratively to solve problems, take initiative, and focus on solutions;
· possess excellent pastoral skills, and will model appropriate professional boundaries with students, colleagues, parents, and community partners;
· understand Ignatian spirituality and effectively communicate that understanding to all members of our community including students, parents, faculty, and staff;
· have 3-5 years of previous secondary-level ministry experience;
possess a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
· support the academic and co-curricular life of the school community;
· have meaningful experience with educational technology;
· have the ability to do physical service alongside students;
possess a valid California Driver’s license (Class C) and be able to become van certified to transport students;
· have excellent time management and organizational skills;
· thrive in a collaborative, dynamic, and faithful learning community.
The Director reports to the Assistant Principal for Formation.
The Director of Campus Ministry is 1 FTE and is offered an eleven-month contract, renewable annually at the discretion of the Principal.
Competitive salary and benefits are offered, commensurate with candidate’s experience.
Interested applicants should complete the online application by March 1, 2021.
St. Ignatius College Preparatory Mission Statement
St. Ignatius College Preparatory is a Catholic, Jesuit school serving the San Francisco Bay Area since 1855. Through a rigorous and integrated program of academic, spiritual, and co-curricular activities, St. Ignatius challenges its students to lead lives of faith, integrity, and compassion. Students are enriched by a diverse and loving Christian community and are called to become life-long learners who develop their individual talents for the greater glory of God. With a commitment to intellectual excellence, leadership, service, and justice, we strive to be men and women for and with others, responding courageously to the opportunities and challenges of our time.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.