Website St. Ignatius of Loyola, Chestnut Hill MA
Our parish community, rooted in the Ignatian/Jesuit tradition, is seeking a full-time Director for our Faith Formation Program for children, teens and their families. This program provides spiritual and catechetical preparation for the reception of the Sacraments of Eucharist, Confirmation and Reconciliation. The Director helps facilitate the liturgical life of parish families in this program through her or his presence and coordination of our Sunday, 10am Family Mass. The Director must also have a keen interest in helping to promote and facilitate among all program participants an appreciation for and practice of social justice and service to others.
The Director reports directly to the Pastor and has a part-time Assistant who works with teens and provides support in other areas of the Faith Formation Program. Part of a collaborative parish staff, the Director also convenes and works with a small, advisory Faith Formation Commission of parishioners.
· Development and implementation of programming
· Recruiting, training and supervision of catechists (some paid)
· Formation of teen leaders
· Organize and attend the yearly Confirmation retreats and a summer service trip
· Coordinate the parish’s safe environment program for children in compliance with RCAB Office of Child Advocacy Guidelines
· Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and proven ability in oral, written and electronic communication.
· Self-motivated with an ability to work in a multi-task environment
· Administrative skills including, budgeting, purchasing and maintaining database records
· Knowledge of computer software such as Word, Excel and Google Drive and use social media and technology for effective program implementation
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as program requires
· Master’s degree in theology, pastoral ministry or other, related field.
· Preference given to those with previous experience, Spanish language ability and/or familiarity with Ignatian spirituality and pedagogy.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com