Website The Pope Francis Center
Serving people who are experiencing homelessness in Detroit.
The Director of Institutional Advancement reports to the Executive Director and collaborates with the entire leadership team. The Director is responsible for all aspects of fundraising and marketing including: major gifts, special events, grants, appeals and communication. This job is accomplished through the individual’s own direct effort as well as managing others and effectively leveraging the skills of staff and volunteers.
● Develops and oversees fundraising strategies,
fundraising plans and donor relationships,
including donor recognition and stewardship
● Oversees organization’s marketing function
● Evaluates current fundraising strategies and
methods and recommends changes as appropriate
● Presents to the Board of Trustees an annual
development plan for achieving specific goals
● Oversees the Annual Fund, special events, major
donor programs and grants to meet or exceed
annual development plan income goals
● Oversees the gala and recruits volunteers to serve
on the gala committee
● Oversees all aspects of the grant-writing program
● Makes timely and accurate responses to donor
concerns, request, and gifts
● Develops and maintains relationships with major
donors, foundations, and corporate funders
● Identifies and researches prospective donors,
including individuals, corporations, foundations,
● Prepares solicitation materials, including direct
mail appeals, annual report, and newsletters
● Conduct donor recognition events/programs
● Oversees the recording of all donations in
fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge NXT)
● A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business,
communications or other related field.
● A Master’s Degree is preferred.
● Outstanding organizational skills are essential and
the ideal candidate-of-choice will be
self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic,
professional, and able to manage multiple
projects under tight deadlines.
● The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five
years of leadership experience preferably in a
● Demonstrated accomplishments in growing a
● Experience and ease in working with volunteer
● Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and
an ability to work collaboratively with all levels
● The candidate will have a proven track record of
a creative approach to fundraising along with
experience with crowd-based fundraising.
● Fluency with donor tracking software
○ Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org