We believe in a hope-filled future.
The future of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program is in the hands of the United States Supreme Court.
As the November 12, 2019 hearing date approaches, join the Ignatian and broader Catholic network in Prayers of Hope—as we unite to defend the dignity of DACA recipients through prayer and action.
Host a prayer vigil or intention a Mass at your campus, parish, or organization for DACA recipients on or around November 12th.
Decide how you will pray:
Utilize ISN’s action alert on DACA to invite your community to advocate by:
- Hosting an advocacy table in a key location at your school or parish.
- Sharing the action alert via social media and encouraging others from your campus, parish, or community to do the same.
- Sending the action alert via e-mail or text message, or including it in a regular e-mail newsletter.
- Downloading a print version of the action alert and dropping off signed letters to your member of Congress on or around November 12th.
Utilize the social media images below to share a message of support leading up to and on November 12th.
Consider writing a Letter to the Editor or Op-Ed for your local newspaper for publication on or around November 12th. Contact José Arnulfo Cabrera for more information.
For those planning a “Prayers of Hope: Defend DACA” Vigil:
- Livestream your vigil via YouTube or FacebookLive (contact Kelly Swan with details so we can amplify your event on social media)
- Share vigil photos or video via social media and with ISN (send to Kelly Swan)
Order double-sided signs on 14 pt. cardstock (availabe at cost + ground shipping) for your rally or utilize the PDFs below.
Where are things happening?