Unite as people of faith inspired by Catholic Social Teaching and Ignatian Spirituality to call on Congress to enact humane migration policies in the U.S. and beyond.
Tuesday, May 19
5:00 PM – Mass
6:45 PM – Welcome and Dinner
6:30 PM – Advocacy Prep
Wednesday, May 20
8:30 AM – Mass or Group Prayer Service
10 AM – 3 PM – Meetings with Congressional Offices
3 PM – Reception and Reflection
Members of Jesuit parishes and key social ministry partners are welcome to participate.
This includes parishioners, staff, and Jesuits. Financial assistance for travel and lodging are available for those directly impacted by immigration policy.
Meeting Scheduling Information:
Scheduling your advocacy meetings (start this at least FOUR weeks before the advocacy day)
1. Find the names and contact information for your Representative and Senators at www.house.gov and www.senate.gov. Remember: we’re asking parish groups to book meetings with the Congresspersons tied to participants’ voting addresses, not necessarily the school/parish address.
2. Contact the scheduler in your Congressperson’s D.C. office and ask for an appointment with the Member or Legislative Assistant.
3. You may need to fax or email your appointment request. Sample request letters are available online.
4. Tell the scheduler the date & times you are available, the issues you want to discuss, and who will be present during the visit.
5. Confirm the visit by phone a day or two before the appointment.
Please note: Attendees interested in participating in the advocacy day are responsible for booking their own meetings. Any questions regarding booking meetings may be directed to José Arnulfo Cabrera at email@example.com or (216) 397-2087.