Unite as people of faith inspired by Catholic Social Teaching and Ignatian Spirituality to virtually call on Congress to enact humane migration policies in the U.S. and beyond.
Members of Jesuit parishes and key social ministry partners (including parishioners, staff, and Jesuits) are encouraged to join this virtual advocacy opportunity. ISN will support you throughout the advocacy journey in booking meetings, advocacy training, and meeting preparation with fellow Jesuit network members in your state.
Tuesday, June 9, 8PM ET
Virtual Advocacy Training
Tuesday, June 16
Virtual State Delegation Planning Meetings
Tuesday, June 23, 10AM-9PM ET
- Morning: Virtual Meetings with Congress
- 12-12:30PM ET: Virtual Press Conference
- Afternoon: Virtual Meetings with Congress
- 8-9PM ET: Closing Reflection
Meeting Scheduling Information
Scheduling your advocacy meetings (start this at least FOUR weeks before the advocacy day)
1. Find the names and contact information for your Representative and Senators at www.house.gov and www.senate.gov. Remember: we’re asking parish groups to book meetings with the Congresspersons tied to participants’ voting addresses, not necessarily the school/parish address.
2. Contact the scheduler in your Congressperson’s D.C. office and ask for an appointment with the Member or Legislative Assistant.
3. You may need to fax or email your appointment request. Sample request letters are available online.
4. Tell the scheduler the date & times you are available, the issues you want to discuss, and who will be present during the visit.
5. Confirm the visit by phone a day or two before the appointment.
Please note: Attendees interested in participating in the advocacy day are responsible for booking their own meetings. Any questions regarding booking meetings may be directed to José Arnulfo Cabrera at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 397-2087.