Congress needs to hear that the Ignatian family supports a comprehensive approach to immigration policy that respects the human dignity of all people! Join ISN’s call for people to reflect, pray, educate and advocate during the week of September 22nd – 29th and host a mass or prayer service for immigration reform on Wednesday, September 25th.
TAKE ACTION YOURSELF - MAKE A CALL TODAY!
The Ignatian Solidarity Network IMMIGRATION PLATFORM: We stand with the US Catholic Bishops & US Jesuit Provincials in supporting immigration policies that:
The Ignatian Solidarity Network IMMIGRATION PLATFORM:
We stand with the US Catholic Bishops & US Jesuit Provincials in supporting immigration policies that:
Gather your community of faith:
- Join the Ignatian family in praying for families threatened by deportation and for wisdom for leaders in Congress
- Host or intention a mass or prayer service on Wednesday, September 25th
- Invite members of the campus/parish community (& beyond!) to join you in prayer
Elevate the conversation & help others learn about the issue:
- Host a campus forum, round table, town hall, or panel about immigration reform
- Find ways to include the voices of the marginalized including undocumented students, as well as parish and community members
Call for reform!
- Meet with your reps in their local offices or Washington DC
- Organize a postcard writing campaign (especially the week of September 25th). Click here to request copies of ISN’s Fall Call postcards
- Write an op-ed or letter to the editor supporting humane CIR. Contact ISN for sample letters.
Liturgy Resources: (Source: USCCB Justice for Immigrants)
- Mass Reading, Intercession, and Music Suggestions
- Suggestions for Homilies
- A Prayer for Immigrant Justice
- Find your Senator or Representatives Contact Info
- Tips for Engaging the Media (SOURCE: Interfaith Immigration Coalition)