Website Church of St. Timothy
A progressive, welcoming, peace-loving, Eucharistic community.
• Bachelor’s Degree in theology, religious education, or a related field.
• Two years previous experience in parish ministry or youth social service.
• The ideal candidate will have experience in creating and facilitating spaces of prayer and reflection that are grounded in a Catholic commitment to justice, peace, human dignity, and the integrity of creation
• Successful completion of VIRTUS training and all required background checks.
Purpose of Position:
• Lead catechists, volunteers, youth, staff, and parishioners in a collaborative effort to form youth in the mission of Jesus Christ and the ministry of the Catholic Church.
• Creatively develop junior and senior high faith formation and youth ministry programs and activities that will form St. Timothy’s youth in the Catholic faith tradition.
• Develop discernment processes to consistently evaluate the evolving ministerial needs, goals, and plans of youth faith formation.
1. Develop creative youth ministry and faith formation programs and activities for junior and senior high age youth.
2. Establish virtual classes, programs, and activities as needed.
3. Envision and incorporate online and other virtual-related activities.
4. Coordinate the faith formation programming for youth in grades 6-8.
5. Coordinate Confirmation preparation in grades 9-10.
6. Be present during middle school and high school events including social, service, and catechetical gatherings.
7. Coordinate regular service and educational activities for youth grades 6-12 and their families.
8. Coordinate and supervise on-site any youth summer mission trips
9. Recruit, train, supervise, and provide support for youth ministry volunteers.
10.Provide spiritual, pastoral, faith formation and leadership opportunities for all youth.
11.Lead the Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) process and meetings.
12.Serve as the staff representative on the Fr George Kolath Scholarship Committee. Coordinate the annual scholarship project including donation collection, recipient selection, and fund distribution.
13.Coordinate the Guardian Angels program for Confirmation students.
14.Prepare and monitor annual budget related to middle school & senior high.
15.Plan appropriate coverage of your position when you will be absent from work. Report to your supervisor who will be covering your essential duties in your absence.
16.Ensure compliance with all parish and Archdiocesan policies, procedures, and schedules
17.Attend regular staff meetings. Participate in staff functions and duties.
18.Practice collaborative ministries with staff and volunteers, maintain a flexible attitude to changing needs of ministry and peers.
19.Maintain professional relationship with local, Archdiocesan, and national professional youth ministry organizations.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org