Website Creighton University's ILAC Office
The ILAC Faith and Service Volunteer program is consistent with the Ignatian tradition and asks volunteers to constantly apply their experience of immersion and service to their relationships and overall mission. Volunteers are expected to seek the core values of faith, service and simplicity in their everyday lives and process this experience with fellow volunteers.
The Faith and Service Volunteer will serve the ILAC-Creighton program to which they are assigned. Options include working with the ILAC-Omaha short-term mission groups, Encuentro Dominicano semester program and/or ILAC/CESI projects. Volunteers will also spend some time at a designated service site in the city of Santiago. Site placement will follow a mutual discernment process in order to best fit the volunteer and the community.
In addition to the service commitment, volunteers will also:
· Participate in weekly reflections with fellow Faith and Service Volunteers
· Engage in monthly check-in meetings with fellow volunteers and ILAC-Creighton staff
· Attend two retreats offered throughout the year for further spiritual development
· Must be available to work nights, weekends and/or holidays
· Must be comfortable leading faith-based activities, such as reflections
· Commit to service beginning August 2021 through the end of July 2022
· Bachelor’s degree completed
· Spanish and English proficiency
· Prior experience in some form of service-immersion and/or living experience in a Latin American country is required
Each volunteer receives a monthly stipend of US$200.00, room & board at the ILAC Center (valued at US$45.00 per day), international health insurance and travel health insurance coverage, and one round trip ticket (plus customs entrance/exit fees) from any city in the US to Santiago, Dominican Republic. Loan deferral can be arranged upon request. Any additional travel to/from the Dominican Republic during the year will be the financial responsibility of the volunteer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org