Website Duke Catholic Center
The Summer Ministry Intern is hired by and accountable to the Director of the Duke Catholic Center, and works collaboratively with the other members of the DCC ministry team. The Summer Ministry Intern reports directly to the Peer Ministry Coordinator. If interested, send resume to email@example.com.
– Be present for, participate in, and encourage/invite students to engage in: Sunday and Holy Day Masses; Holy Hour; Retreat Experiences; Tuesday Night Dinner; and various other programs as assigned.
· Act as Sacristan for both Sunday Masses.
· Coordinate the selection, scheduling and oversight of liturgical ministers for Sunday Masses.
– Develop relationships with Catholic students by being visible on campus and connecting individually with students.
– Coordinate Tuesday Night Dinner.
· Plan the menu, engage student volunteers, purchase food and coordinate clean-up.
– Oversee the life of those living in the Falcone-Arena House.
– Actively participate in regular DCC Staff meetings and assist in planning of DCC programming.
– Represent the Duke Catholic Center to Duke University, the Diocese of Raleigh, and the general public.
· Professional Development:
– Commit appropriate time to continue developing spiritually as a Minister of the Gospel.
· Other responsibilities as assigned
– Pursuit of an undergraduate degree
– Practicing Roman Catholic
– Experience in college campus ministry (as a student) is preferred
· The Summer Intern has flexible hours as a 40-hour per week position.
· Given Sunday is a full work day, one day a week is take off, usually Friday.
· Position begins May 15th and ends August 15th (flexible)
· $7.25 per hour
· Housing is secured, but not covered completely. Interns pay a subsidized rent of $500 per month ($1,500 for the summer; all utilities/internet included).
About Duke Catholic Center
The Duke Catholic Center is the official Catholic community on the campus of Duke University. On a campus where nearly 25% of the student population is Catholic, the DCC ministries support a diverse community of students in their spiritual development. We strive to foster the integration of spiritual, intellectual, and social growth in future Catholic leaders.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org