Website Franciscan Mission Service
Where lay people work for peace, justice, and hope
The Program Associate will work closely with the Executive Director and within a team of Peace Partners, Peace Teachers and Volunteers. Programs will be delivered in schools, communities, churches, camps, circles, shelters, jails, and refugee camps.
About Franciscan Mission Service:
Franciscan Mission Service (FMS) is a nonprofit organization that provides Catholic laity the opportunity to serve in solidarity with economically marginalized communities around the world. FMS trains, sends, and supports lay Catholics to serve others in a way that is respectful of cultural and religious differences.
About the DC Service Corps Program:
The DC Service Corps (DCSC) Program offers young-adult Catholics opportunities to learn about nonprofits, deepen one’s commitment to service, grow in faith, and live out the Franciscan values on a daily basis. In the spirit of Saints Francis and St. Clare, volunteers serve for a year in various ministries, sharing Christ’s love and cultivating relationships of peace and justice.
This transformative experience is enriched by an intentional Christian community, in which volunteers focus on simple living, prayer, reflection, and living the Gospel mission of “service and action for a more just and humane world.” DCSC also provides its volunteers servant-leadership training, professional development, mentoring, faith formation, and educational seminars rooted in Catholic Social Teaching.
Key Program Benefits:
· Experience serving with a mission-focused nonprofit serving those living on the margins
· A fully-furnished bedroom, $350 monthly stipend and health insurance
· An in-depth orientation and two retreats throughout the term of service
· Spiritual direction and opportunities to deepen one’s faith
· Must be 21-35 years old and have a desire to develop servant leadership skills
· Have a demonstrated commitment to service, social justice, and one’s own faith development
· Open to learning about Franciscan spirituality and committed to living in intentional community.
FRANCISCAN MISSION SERVICE: DC SERVICE CORPS PROGRAM P.O. Box 29034 | Washington, DC 20017-0034 | T: 202-832-1762 | F: 202-832-1778
email@example.com | www.franciscanmissionservice.org
LITTLE FRIENDS FOR PEACE – PROGRAM ASSOCIATE POSITION
Overview: Little Friends for Peace is a non-profit that offers social-emotional wellness programs that inculcate the skills of nonviolence. We equip people, of all ages in the US and internationally, with tools to practice peace in daily life. We bring people together in safe peace circles to share thoughts and feelings, usually around challenges they face in their relationships. This connecting with oneself and one another is energizing. It opens doors, too, to resolve conflicts.
The Program Associate will work closely with the Executive Director and within a team of Peace Partners, Peace Teachers and Volunteers. Programs will be delivered in schools, communities, churches, camps, circles, shelters, jails, and refugee camps. Seeking a young adult who is interested in becoming part of a team of individuals working to build a culture of peace using tools and practice of nonviolence. Ready to experience, learn and practice with a spirit of positivity.
· Lead Peace Programs at different sites to variety of ages
· Support the Executive Director (ED) with leading Peace Circles
· Support with ED with program outreach and communication with existing program partners
· Assist in developing new peace programs and outreach
· Support the ED with preparing future program proposals and MOU’s and cultivate a pipeline of future program work for LFFP
· Responsible for Program Operations, updating LFFP calendar
· Responsible for tracking all programs and participants
· Support the ED with leading and training LFFP Volunteers
· Support the development of marketing and communication products that showcase LFFP core programs and their impact on the community
· Develop and implement an evaluation system to measure the short term and long-term impact of all LFFP programs on participants
· Responsible for updating LFFP website, social media pages, email blasts, flyers, program
· Coordinate special events and one-time peace events
Submit an application by visiting the following webpage:
Or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Accepting applications until June 30, 2023 or until the position is filled
Young-adult Catholics with a heart for service are encouraged to apply, even if they may not meet every qualification listed above.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com