Website Global Catholic Climate Movement
About GCCM: Global Catholic Climate Movement is a global network of over 800 member organizations, dozens of chapters, and thousands of volunteers in 90 different countries. GCCM’s vision is of the Catholic community actively respecting life in all its forms so that all God’s creatures flourish on Earth. Our vision includes a stable climate, where God’s gift of creation is valued and shared equitably for the good of all, especially the poor and future generations.
By joining GCCM, interns will join a committed and passionate team dedicated to addressing the climate crisis. Interns are given the opportunity to play important roles in a fast growing organization and gain meaningful experience.
About the Position: At World Youth Day 2019 in Panama, GCCM launched the Laudato Si’ Generation, a new campaign to support and organization Catholic youth and young adults from around the world. GCCM is seeking a passionate, highly motivated young leader as an organizing intern focused on outreach and organizing for the Laudato Si’ Generation. This internship will provide skills in campaigns coordination, advocacy, and outreach and organizing and provide a unique opportunity to work with key climate and Church partners. This is an unpaid internship, but GCCM will work with universities or colleges as needed to guarantee college credit if desired.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in scheduling and coordinating Laudato Si’ Generation working groups
- Researching and conducting outreach to potential universities, high schools and young adult groups
- Create campaign materials as needed
- Support organizing and communications teams as needed in promoting climate strikes among Laudato Si’ Generation
- Liaise with partners in youth and young adult outreach such as the Catholic Student Divestment Network, 350.org and Theology on Tap, and research and identify other outreach opportunities
- Provide support to LS Generation website and social media accounts
- Demonstrated interest in environmental or ecological issues, political science or community organizing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in other languages a plus
- Highly responsible, self-motivated individual, demonstrated ability to work independently
- Comfort working in a Catholic context
- Comfort working across different cultures
- Eagerness to learn new tasks
This is an unpaid internship of 10-20 hours per week. GCCM interns will work remote, but must have a reliable internet connection and will check in with organizing leadership at least twice weekly. Interns should be highly motivated with a commitment to environmental concerns, possess strong communication skills, and be willing and able to take initiative. Interns will also need to provide their own computer and internet access.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis for summer, fall or winter internships. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Laudato Si’ Generation Intern” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com