The Jesuit Conference of Canada and the United States (JCCU) is a work of the Society of Jesus, a Roman Catholic order of priests and brothers commonly known as the Jesuits. The mission of the Society of Jesus is to work for reconciliation with God, humanity and the environment, and the JCCU supports that mission by serving as a collaborating body of the provincial superiors of Canada and the USA.
The JCCU’s Office of Communications and Vocation Promotion coordinates a comprehensive communications program that promotes the mission of the Society of Jesus in Canada and the United States and throughout the world, overseeing website, social media, media relations and public relations messaging.
The Communications Manager for Vocation Promotion and Ignatian Spirituality will serve on the JCCU’s communications team and take the lead in creating and curating online content to promote vocations to the Society of Jesus and engagement with Ignatian spirituality within the broader public.
The communications manager will work collaboratively in these two interconnected but distinct areas of Jesuit ministry:
- Relentlessly and tastefully promote the Society of Jesus by creating and curating vocations content on the @BeAJesuit social media platforms (particularly Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube)
- Gather, organize and present statistical data related to how social media content is performing
- Serve as a point person in the JCCU office for vocations promotion personnel across the Jesuits provinces of Canada and the USA, working with this group to convene meetings, set group goals, grow in social media best practices, build consensus and encourage others in collaborative vocation promotion efforts
- Help lead the visioning, planning and execution of the expansion of content related to Ignatian spirituality on jesuits.org, so that visitors to the site can more deeply engage with Ignatian spirituality online and learn about opportunities for in-person engagement in their geographic region
- Curate existent materials from around the internet and create original content for jesuits.org and our social media channels related to Ignatian spirituality, the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola and the Ignatian practice of discernment
- For jesuits.org and social media, write and curate timely prayers, spiritual reflection resources and blog-style posts accessible to a broad Catholic audience about Jesuit saints and other prominent members of the Society of Jesus, Ignatian spirituality centers and other institutions, and other topics connected to the practice of Ignatian spirituality
- Work with the JCCU communications team to produce original video, audio and photographic content on themes connected to Ignatian spirituality
- Connect with pastoral ministry personnel from the Jesuit provincial offices across Canada and the United States to understand their priorities, learn the Ignatian spirituality landscape, and provide occasional trainings for ministries in communications best practices
- Understanding of the experience of practicing Catholics between the ages of 18-35
- Deep familiarity with various social media platforms
- Familiarity with and deep interest in the Society of Jesus, Ignatian spirituality and the Catholic Church
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate spiritual and religious topics to a non-expert audience with clarity
- Enthusiastic collaborator and organized self-starter
- Background in communications or Catholic ministry or both; at least five years of professional experience and a master’s degree in communications, marketing, theology or ministry preferred
- Availability for some travel and occasional weekend work
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud applications preferred
- Spanish proficiency preferred
This is a full-time position with benefits based at the JCCU’s headquarters in Washington, DC. To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com by Friday, August 16, 2019. Other forms of media samples (e.g. audio, video, photo, related social media posts) are also welcome.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org