Website Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
JRS/USA Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
Location: Washington, D.C.
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Jesuit Refugee Service/USA
The mission of Jesuit Refugee Service/USA (JRS/USA) is to accompany, serve, and advocate for refugees and forcibly displaced persons. JRS works in more than 50 countries worldwide to meet the educational, health, psycho-social and emergency needs of over 1 million refugees and other forcibly displaced persons regardless of race, ethnic origin or religious beliefs. For more information about JRS/USA please visit our website: www.jrsusa.org.
JRS/USA is searching for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties for JRS/USA staff, including the Executive Director. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a timely manner. This position reports to the Director of Operations and is based in the Washington, D.C. office. This is a part-time, non-exempt role, requiring no more than 16 hours of work per week.
• Ensure office space is organized and clean, including kitchen and office supply area
• Monitor and submit requests to Building Management for service requests
• Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming mail
• Process outgoing mail and shipping packages
• Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and placing orders for supplies
• Schedule and coordinate logistics for appointments and meetings
• Assist with preparing and editing documents including correspondence, memos, and emails
• Organize and maintain files
• Enter and update information in relevant databases in a confidential manner
• Process expense reports for Executive Director and others as assigned
• Manage calendar for Executive Director
• Arrange travel for Executive Director and others as assigned
• Assist with other departments and projects as needed
• High school diploma or Associates degree required
• Minimum 3 years of experience as an administrative assistant
• Proficiency in MS Office suite
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Authorized to work in the U.S.
Please click here to apply and submit your resume and cover letter here.
JRS/USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, JRS/USA does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applicants from a diverse spectrum of qualified candidates.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.