Website Magnificat High School
Director of Campus Ministry position starting July 1, 2021
This role exists to support and implement the Mission of Magnificat High School. The Director of Campus Ministry leads the Campus Ministry department and is responsible for the development and implementation of faith formation programs in prayer/liturgy, retreats, service and social justice that foster the holistic development of the students and reflect the Catholic Identity of the school. The Director of Campus Ministry provides pastoral ministry and spiritual leadership within the school community.
Reports to: Vice President of Mission
Classification: Exempt, Full Time, 12 month
- Performs position duties and acts in a manner consistent with the mission and teachings of the Catholic Church, the Mission and Heritage of the Sisters of the Humility of Mary, and the Mission, Values, and beliefs of Magnificat High School.
- Works to build a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative community with students, colleagues, parents, and others.
- Respects the racial, ethnic, religious, and socio-economic diversity of all students and faculty and staff.
- Collaborates with all community members to develop and support programming in alignment with the school Mission, values, and goals.
- Oversees the annual programs of service, retreats, immersion experiences, prayer/liturgical events for the student body, social justice outreach, and the annual all-school Advent & Lent educational outreach projects that generate funds for the selected causes and agencies discerned in light of the Mission and Catholic Identity of the School.
- Evaluates existing programs for effectiveness and sustainability, and modifies and develops programs accordingly.
- Initiates and creates new programs as warranted to meet the spiritual needs, abilities, and interests of the students.
- Supervises, manages and leads the Campus Ministers.
- Accompanies and mentors students in their spiritual development.
- Promotes adult participation in Campus Ministry programs and prepares them to accompany, mentor, and lead students in these programs.
- Develops and prepares the annual budget for the Campus Ministry Department.
- Responsible for budget management in execution of all programs and the allocation of endowed funds and gift monies.
- Works closely with the Theology Department Chairperson and department members in collaborative projects and programs, such as retreats and the Advent and Lenten Projects.
- Represents Magnificat High School through participation in appropriate Diocesan initiatives.
- Represents the Campus Ministry department internally at Department Chairs, Directors, and other meetings/committees as needed.
- Communicates with administrators, faculty & staff, students, and parents about and in promotion of Campus Ministry programs and initiatives.
- Creates long range strategic goals and plans for the sustainability of campus ministry programs.
- Supervises, coordinates, and facilitates the retreat programs on both the student and adult levels, including the immersion and Kairos retreats.
- Prepares and mentors students and adults for leadership roles in the retreat programs.
- Assists directly with coordinating and facilitating programs in one or more of the following areas: retreats, liturgy and prayer, service and social justice.
- Assumes responsibility for specific departmental activities as needed and delegated by the Vice President of Mission.
- Responds appropriately and within one working day to communication from parents, students, administration, and colleagues.
- Models lifelong learning by participating in professional growth activities and demonstrates use of current best practices in student engagement strategies.
- Develops cultural competency through increased awareness of one’s own identity, culture, and biases.
- Practices standards of professional etiquette in language, attire, and attention in all professional activities.
Education and other requirements:
- B.A. in Theology, Religious Studies, Pastoral Ministry, or related fields.
- Must be a practicing Catholic who witnesses to the Catholic faith and models Catholic values.
- Minimum three years in campus ministry work or in related fields: youth ministry and pastoral ministry.
- Experience managing staff and budgets preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability and commitment to working collaboratively as a member of the Magnificat community.
- Understands student learning and development with a focus on high school age students.
- Pastoral approach to ministry with adolescent girls.
- Ability to relate Catholic Teaching to the various dimensions of the Campus Ministry programs.
- Ability to relate women’s ways of knowing, leading, serving and praying to the various dimensions of the campus ministry programs.
- Strong belief and skill in mentorship and leadership development.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google programs, and Zoom.
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
Ability to receive directives and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Effective, independent thinker with strong problem solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills and experience.
- Must be open to growth and flexible.
- Strong belief in, and respect for, the Mission of Magnificat High School and the School’s values: Lifelong Learning, Collaboration, Compassion, Respect, Commitment, and Faith-Filled Life.
- Must actively support the school Mission and belief statements in relationships with students, parents, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Commitment to holistic education of young women.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume:
Kerry Capka, Vice President of Operations
Magnificat High School
20770 Hilliard Boulevard
Rocky River, OH 44116
As an equal opportunity employer: Magnificat High School is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected under Title 1 of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (as amended) applicants that require accommodation with the application process may contact the Director of Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org