Website Magnificat High School
The Senior Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion role at Magnificat High School exists to support and implement the Mission of Magnificat High School. The Senior Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will work collaboratively with all administration, faculty, and staff to advance equity, inclusion, and social justice at Magnificat High School in alignment with the tradition and values of the Sisters of the Humility of Mary and Catholic social teaching.
Reports to: President
Classification: Exempt, Full time, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
The Senior Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is responsible for identifying needs, promoting honest discussion regarding issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and driving change by initiating steps needed to build and sustain an inclusive, open, and welcoming community at Magnificat High School. The Senior Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will lead the development of effective strategies that forward the importance and value of an inclusive community and culture. The focus of the work of the Senior Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is on the development of the educational community in service to the needs of our students by working primarily with the adults in the Magnificat High School community.
Key areas of responsibility include:
· Foster and sustain a clear organizational commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion including the coordination of processes which foster diversity, equity, and inclusion in service to the members of the Magnificat community.
· Serve as an instrumental agent of change and growth in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion for the entire Magnificat community: students and families, faculty and staff, alumnae, and other constituents.
· Lead Magnificat’s Anti-Racism Task Force.
· Provide experiences that enable administration, faculty, staff, and students to know and model Magnificat High School’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Collaborate with leadership throughout the school as a thought partner to envision, implement and execute application of diversity, equity and inclusion in their domains.
Work with Dean of Faculty and Academics, Dean of Student Life and Formation, Associate Dean for Curriculum and Instructions, Department Chair people, and teachers with a focus on developing and sustaining a curriculum that focuses on diversity, equity, inclusion and the identification and response to racism.
Work with the Vice President of Enrollment Management in the recruitment and retention of a student body of diverse backgrounds.
Work with the Human Resource Department on the sourcing, recruitment, interviewing, engagement and retention of diverse candidates for positions throughout the school community.
Work with the Vice President of Mission on fostering the integration of diversity, equity, and inclusion into Mission-related programming, practices, and communications so that all constituents will recognize the importance and applications of diversity, equity, and inclusion to the Mission and Values of Magnificat High School.
· Lead the Equity and Inclusion Committee.
· In partnership with others plan and facilitate the Equity Summit.
· Engage the student body with focus on affinity groups for students.
· Develop student leadership in matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Build relationships with community partners and organizations to advance Magnificat’s diversity, equity and inclusion goals.
· Apply an equity lens in the review and assessment of school policies, practices, and decisions for impact on equity.
· Participate in training sessions and workshops that will deepen Magnificat’s efforts and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Identify external strategic partners to advance the school’s diversity, equity and inclusion vision.
· Develop metrics and evaluation processes to assess the effectiveness of diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
· Value the legacy of the Sisters of the Humility of Mary’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and Catholic social teaching and connect with current foci.
Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, counseling or related field of study. Master’s degree is helpful, but not required.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in diversity and inclusion education and leadership.
Experience in an education or non-profit setting is helpful, but not required.
Proven track record of success in designing and implementing cultural and diversity programs that drive change and deliver results, preferably from a mission-based perspective.
Experience coaching and building the capacity of educators and organizational leaders.
Exceptional writing, editing, and project management experience.
Strong knowledge of diversity programming and strategic goals with meaningful outcomes.
Strategic and critical thinker with proven ability to lead thoughtful, transformative action in organizations.
Ability to meaningfully engage a wide variety of stakeholders in challenging dialogue and critical self-reflection around racial identity, implicit bias, systemic racism and structural inequities.
Initiates, builds and manages cohesive partnerships and professional relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
Understanding of independent/religious schools.
Skills and Competencies:
Superior interpersonal, organizational, and managerial skills
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Data-driven analysis and decision making
Strategic mindset with analytic and technological depth
Ability to manage internal and external resources
Strong presentation skills
Ability to manage multiple complex tasks
Strong belief in, and respect for, the Mission of Magnificat High School and the School’s values: Lifelong Learning, Collaboration, Compassion, Respect, Commitment, and Faith-Filled Life.
Personal knowledge of Magnificat High School is helpful, but not required.
High degree of flexibility to meet tight deadlines and changing demands.
Ability to work extended days, evenings and weekends periodically, as needed.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronically (preferably PDFs) the following materials:
● Cover letter expressing interest in position and this organization;
● Current resume;
● List of three references (at least 2 professional references) with name, phone number and email of each reference. References will not be contacted without candidate’s permission; to:
Vice President of Operations
Magnificat High School
20770 Hilliard Boulevard
Rocky River, OH 44116
Magnificat High School provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org