Website Xavier High School
The associate director of admissions serves as an initial point of contact for prospective families
and represents Xavier at student recruitment events throughout the metro NYC region. The
associate director of admissions facilitates the “Knight-for-a-Day” program for 8th graders and
collaborates with other admission team members to plan and execute an array of events including
Open House, accepted student events, individual tours, and question and answer workshops for
prospective students and parents. The position entails work hours outside of the traditional
workday, including evenings and weekends at recruitment events and admissions fairs. This is
particularly so in the fall and winter, when recruiting qualified applicants and assembling and
reviewing admission applications. In all functions, the associate director of admissions promotes
and supports Xavier High School’s mission as a Catholic, Jesuit, independent school for students
of diverse backgrounds and means. This is a non-tenure track, entry-level administrative
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
● Excellent organizational skills, attentiveness to detail, flexibility to work in a fast-paced work
environment, and a sense of humor.
● Demonstrated ability to work with students, parents, alumni, and faculty both independently
and interdependently as part of a team.
● Effective communication skills, whether in person, over the phone, or by email.
● Passionate commitment to promote Jesuit, Catholic education and to Xavier’s mission
statement and willingness to contribute to that mission.
● Demonstrated proficiency in online CRM, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), and Google Workspace for Education (particularly Docs, Sheets, and Forms).
Training in SchoolAdmin (the online database for admissions & enrollment management)
will be provided.
● The optimal candidate will be skilled in marketing, particularly with social media strategy.
Ideally, he or she will possess a facility with the Adobe Creative Suite, but this is not
● Applicants with oral and written proficiency in Spanish are preferred.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references in order to be considered to
Mr. Steven Noga, Director of Admissions & Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications
will be accepted until the position is filled. Priority deadline for materials is July 6, 2021. First
round interviews will be conducted by Zoom. Start date would ideally be no later than August
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com