STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY AND WAIVER OF RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I would like to participate in the Ignatian Family Teach-In for Justice (IFTJ) sponsored by the Ignatian Solidarity Network (ISN), taking place at The Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C. from Saturday, October 22, 2022 to Monday, October 24, 2022.
In exchange for ISN’s agreement to allow me to participate in this program, I agree as follows:
1. I understand that there are risks involved with travel and participation in this program. I understand the nature of the program and have been given the opportunity to ask questions about the program and travel to and from the program. I understand that ISN does not require me to participate, but I want to do so, despite any risks and despite this statement of responsibility, waiver, and release (“statement”).
2. In regard to COVID-19, I acknowledge and understand that participation includes possible exposure to and illness from COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist. I ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS RELATED TO COVID-19, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF ISN, or its partners or sponsors, including the directors, officers, employees, volunteers, or agents of ISN, its partners, or sponsors. I understand that ISN has established protocols related to COVID, including but not limited to requiring documentation of a complete immunization with a vaccine approved by the U.S. Federal Government, as declared by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). I understand that I must abide by this and any other established protocols at all times and failure to do so may result in exclusion from IFTJ events. Because of the rapidly changing risk and regulatory landscape relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, these protocols are subject to change at ISN’s discretion.
3. I represent and warrant that I am and will be covered throughout the program by a policy of comprehensive health and accident insurance providing coverage for injuries and illnesses I sustain or experience abroad or during travel outside the United States. I absolve ISN from all responsibility and liability for any injuries, illnesses, claims, damages, charges, bills and/or expenses I may incur during the program, including travel to and from the program.
4. I understand that ISN reserves the right to decline to accept or retain me in the program at any time should my behavior impede program operations or the rights or welfare of any person. I understand that if I violate any ISN policy or procedure, I may be required to leave the program at the sole discretion of ISN representatives. In such an event, no refund will be made and I will bear any costs associated with the decision to require me to leave the program. If an ISN representative determines that proceeding with the program will subject participants to increased danger, I understand that ISN may, in its sole discretion, cancel the program before departure, or cancel the program after departure and will require that all participants return to their home institution. I understand that in such an event, no refund will be made and I will bear my share of any costs associated with the decision to cancel the program.
5. In exchange for the opportunity to participate, I personally assume all risks in connection with my participation in and travel to and from the program. I release ISN, its trustees, officers, agents, employees, and representatives (individually and in their official capacities) from any and all liability for any personal injury (including death) or damage to personal property (including total loss) in connection with my participation in and travel to and from the program. I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ISN and/or any of those mentioned above from any and all liability, losses, damages, judgments or expenses, including attorney’s fees that they or any of them incur or sustain in connection with my participation in and travel to and from the program. I understand that this statement covers any and all claims against ISN or any of those mentioned above. I also understand that this statement binds me, my family, estate, and/or heirs.
6. I agree that this statement is to be construed under the laws of the State of Ohio and that if any portion is held to be invalid; the balance shall remain in full force and effect. I have read this statement in its entirety. I understand its terms and agree to be legally bound by it.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
You will asked to complete the waiver through your delegation leader.