In a time of quarantine, digital learning, racial injustice, intensifying storms, and mass migration, holding space to act on climate change can feel overwhelming. This Season of Creation, start simple with one new daily habit for a healthy planet.
Step one: Choose ONE daily action to repeat each day throughout the 34 days that will renew your relationship with creation or that will allow you to explore a radical new way of living with creation.
- Make a plan and plant a St. Kateri Habitat at your house, Church, or school to promote biodiversity and restoration of creation.
- Avoid single-use plastics, food waste, or meat/dairy products.
- Commit to a daily prayer practice dedicated to care for creation throughout the month.
- Advocate on a different environmental issue each day of the month.
- Read an article/book or listen to a podcast about climate change each day of the Season of Creation.
- Choose your own habit to build or use our Habit Suggestion Guide for more ideas.
Step two: Take the pledge to commit to ONE action repeated daily throughout the 34 days of the Season of Creation to build a new environmental habit you’ve been meaning to get around to but haven’t made time for.
Step three: Form and track your healthy habit for the planet! If desired, we will send a daily email or text message reminder to keep you motivated.
ADDITIONAL SEASON OF CREATION RESOURCES
CATHOLIC LITURGICAL GUIDE
Use the Jubilee Time for the Earth Catholic Liturgical Guide to find suggestions to celebrate the Season of Creation through homilies, prayers of the faithful, and music ideas for mass.
FEAST OF ST. FRANCIS PROGRAM
The Catholic Climate Covenant’s 90-minute program enables U.S. Catholics to host in-person or virtual sessions to grow in their understanding and call to care for creation. This year’s theme is the Healing Power of Love in Action: Creation Care in a Time of Pandemic and Partisanship.